Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Default **Official HULA Signup Thread**

Well looks like i was the idiot to make this post last time. Looks like i'll do it again.

If you guys already expressed interest you still HAVE TO SIGN UP AGAIN on this thread...this way everything is in one place.

Entry
- If you with to participate you must sign up in this thread. In about one week from today the list will be closed and the captains will hold a draft.
- There will be a $1200 dollar entry fee. $1000 of this will go towards the prize pool, and $200 of this will go back to each player after they have completed all their matches. If a player does not complete his or her matches then the $200 will be given to the winning team
- Captains will receive 5% rake from each player on the team. Therefore, the captains will receive 120% of the individual prize payout and other players receive 95%.

Draft
- There will be five teams consisting of a captain and four other players.
- Captains will be picked from whomever volunteers to take this position.
- The draft will take place in an AIM chat room.

Season
- Each team has a week to play the other. At the end of the week if there are unfinished matches you have 24 hours to get me e-mailed proof you tried to contact your competition at least two times. If proof is shown, your opponent has 48 hrs to make up the match or else they forfeit. If both players agree to an extension, then this must be played within five days of the end of your scheduled week (so then you have a total of twelve days to play your match instead of seven). Extensions will only be granted by me if I see an e-mail from each player before the week is over. If any match goes past the deadline and there is not specific blame on any one party the entire match is void. There will be no exceptions to this rule
- The season will last for four weeks
- At the end of the season there will be a seven days rest period to clean up outstanding matches.
- The two teams with the best overall records go to the playoffs. In case of a tie, individual wins from all the matches will be added together with the team showing the most wins moving to the playoffs. If there is still a tie, the two captains of the tied teams will pick two other players and play a three game match in the bye week before the playoffs.

Playoffs
- The teams will have one week to play matches in the same format of the regular season.

Payouts
- 75% of the total prize pool goes to first place
- 25% of the total prize pool goes to second place
- The individual $100 per person will be returned after the playoffs have ended. Somebody has to agree to hold the money during the season. If you ship it to me i'll spend it on sex toys/drugs.

These rules will be enforced. This is a big commitment, so don’t sign up if you’re not going to be able to handle playing all your matches

If there are any rules I left out now is the time to speak.

SO we need:

1 commisioner
5 Captains

let's say sign ups end 1 week from sunday at midnight.

ALL things in these rules are subject to change. The previous stakes were $300 total w/ $100 of it being the "deposit". I bumped it to $1200 as that seemed to be the consensus. I'd put a poll up but I think that will do no good. SO let's hear what you think.

As is we have 5 teams of 5 and a $1200 entry fee.

Last year we bumped it up to 6 we'll see what we want.

I can commish if need be. I would also volunteer to be captain but would prefer not to.

Anyway, signup suckas.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: **Official HULA Signup Thread**

Id like to play
Old 10-24-2007, 05:34 PM

what is the format of the matches? HU SNGs? if not, how many BBs?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:37 PM

I'm in.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:38 PM

Count me in..

-Crazy Mike
Old 10-24-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the format of the matches? HU SNGs? if not, how many BBs?

[/ QUOTE ]

50 BBs @ a play money or microstakes game. freezeout. Option to bump the stakes after 1 hour to double (so down to 25bb)
Old 10-24-2007, 05:40 PM

im in.
i guess ill offer my services as a captain, but i kinda suck at the pokerz and would probably rather not.

Though I have finally started crushing fish that decide to play me 50 100 hu, thank god.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

It is hard to find play money limit hu. Pokerroom has it, but the problem is they have multiple servers so you can't be sure you'll be on the same server as someone else. Paradise has it, but only 3/6 so the blind structure is messed up.

I don't know why pokerstars got rid of .02/.04... maybe we should be emailing them.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 PM

in

I don't care how much entry is as long as it's 1k or less. For 200 or whatever I'd probably just dick around but for 1k I will put actual effort into it.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:55 PM

I'm in.