Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 AM

Default Why do people on the internet (2p2) hate me?

I’m a prolific (and humble) poster on 2p2 and I am trying to understand the reasoning beyond the hate I generate. For the past month or two I’ve spent much more time studying human behavior, influence and seduction then I have poker which has got me wondering, what have I done to get people to hate me so much. Every successful person has haters, but clearly some people attract many more than others. I get two/three emails a week from people who type multiple paragraphs about how they hope I die, how I’m a piece of [censored] etc etc. Mostly I find these amusing but occasionally they put me in a bad mood. I can’t really see why someone would waste an hour of their time writing me an email with the hope of causing me a little bit of pain. Some of these people have only read my website and not 2p2. (I get about the same amount of familiar/positive mail fyi).

Some of my thoughts:
1) I routinely respond to strategy posts with a short/sarcastic berating reply. I do this because I think of the idea abstractly and not attached to a person. People are often possessive of their ideas (even as something stupid as a line in a poker hand), so this pisses them off. I’m working on this as it serves no purpose beside getting people to hate me for no reason. If I’m not going to explain my thoughts might as well keep them to myself.

2) I tend to brag and or flaunt my newly acquired wealth? This makes me appear to be a huge [censored]. People who don’t have or work super hard for their money tend to resent this.

3) Most of the people who hate me are at least somewhat jealous of insecure. They also seem to be much older. The fact that I mention this also pisses them off and makes me appear even more egoistically.

4) People tend to associate me with other people they hate such as empiremaker2 etc.?

5) I use bad spelling and grammar because I am lazy (I am sure there are countless errors in this post). This seems to really annoy people but I’m not sure why.

6) Very few people I meet or have met in real life dislike me, so this situation is unquine to my online persona. I usually make a good first impression and people like me. The persona I present online is respective of me but I feel that perhaps only one side of my persona. Also online people often miss where I am clearly poking fun at myself or others and take it seriously. Although this sometimes happens in real life but they end up not hating me because I am (so silly?). People often tell me I’m cocky but I don’t think is a bad thing.

Is the fact I am such a controversial poster/internet celebrity a good or bad thing? What are the possible pros and cons. Is it worthwhile remaking my 2p2 image?

What about real life? Is it worthwhile to be an extreme personality and run the risk of offending people? What type of careers would this be better suited for? If I am in the corporate world is this prone to hurt/help me?
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Why do people on the internet (2p2) hate me?

srsly who are you? And at what stakes did you get rich, cos i dont know you. Maybe I can hate you too if I do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 AM

7) why do i ball so hard?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 AM

As another young player, I admire you ballerness a lot.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 AM

I CANT STAND THIS KID

WHEN THE HELL DID YOU START POSTING IN PSYCHOLOGY? WE DONT NEED YOUR SHIP IT HOLLA [censored] HERE DUDE

REALLY IM GUILTY OF SENDING AN EMAIL BECAUSE YOU ARE A HUGE ANNOYING DUESCH AND I CANT STAND YOU

AND IN CONCLUSION, PLEASE DONT COME BACK TO THIS FORUM YOU COCKY SPAZZTARD
Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of my thoughts:
1) I routinely respond to strategy posts with a short/sarcastic berating reply.
2) I tend to brag and or flaunt my newly acquired wealth? This makes me appear to be a huge [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know you at all, but if you frequently insult people and brag about your success/wealth, then people will likely see you as a big douchebag.

[ QUOTE ]
Is the fact I am such a controversial poster/internet celebrity a good or bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

[giggles]

[ QUOTE ]
Is it worthwhile to be an extreme personality and run the risk of offending people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want people to view you as an insecure, obnoxious attention whore.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 AM

Don't worry about what people think over the internet, it's not like they actually know you. And if they want to hate on you it's their problem not yours.

IRL, if people want to hate on you before getting to know you, [censored] em. Just be yourself and you'll come across people you get on well with and people you don't, that's life.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM

stop being nice and replying to this scumbags thread please
Old 06-05-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1)I routinely respond to strategy posts with a short/sarcastic berating reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know who you are but if i would post HHs here and get a respond like that i d prolly dont like you either. You obviously suck out information of this forum and refuse to give something back wich is ignorant and selfish.

I think i saw you playing a hand vs brian townsend on a cardrunners vid, i think he described you as a young cocky mid stakes player from 2+2. Thats prolly the average impression ppl have about you, thats pretty sad if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM

yea i like how you do well and it is motivational to some young players, you do post about how you are much greater than you are tho, must piss lots of people off and i always respected holyfield's posts and he feels the same way.