Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 AM

Default weird river spot

This is a very strange hand that I played at a $2-4 table the other day. Comments on all streets appreciated. I'll post my river play and results after I get some feedback.

I'm on the button with A/K diamonds. The table has been playing very loose preflop with many people seeing the flop no matter what the raise size is. I have 1000 in front of me and I cover the table. 8 people limp and I bump it to $30. I get six callers for a preflop pot of $210. flop comes 8s jh qs. Lady in first position who almost never bets and will cold call with 2nd/3rd nuts, etc. bets 30. Four people call and I call for the miracle 3 outer not non-spade ten. Pot - 390... Turn brings the 10s, making me the highest straight but putting a flush on the board. Early position player, who is very loose and over values top pair and 2 pair hands, bets 80. One other decent player calls and I call. Pot is 630... River is the 10c. Early position bets 200, decent player calls 200 quickly and I???
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: weird river spot

preflop and flop are ok imo

i raise the turn to chase flushdraws out and give 2 pair the wrong odds to draw. as played i would probably call the river. Ur getting 5:1 and therefore need to be ahead only once in 6 times. u probably have the "decent player" beat for he has not raised at any point and since u noted EP player overvalues 2 pair and so on he could be betting QJ or sth. as well.