Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Big Choices and Im Bewildered

[ QUOTE ]
what should i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, but you got me feeling pretty good about having a 3.0.

I don't want to just leave it at "stop being a lazy [censored]," but I don't know what the specific steps to that are. It sounds like you've accumulated a lot of bad habits over a long, long time; that is going to take an assload of work to reverse.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 PM

not to be a dick, but there's a slight chance you might not be as smart as you think you are.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to be a dick, but there's a slight chance you might not be as smart as you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, your gpa in high school was terrible for someone who claims they were smart, not to mention your sat scores. I thought you were going to be one of those kids who were genuinely intelligent. You even said it yourself, you know how to fix your problems. Man the [censored] up dude. Stop being afraid of actually trying. It seems like your afraid that you might not understand the material in your classes and you use the excuse "lol I don't study" to make yourself feel better to mask the problem.

I'm trying so hard not to blast you with my own lazy, but successful school style, but your problem is easily remedied.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 PM

like others have said, it seems that you're afraid of realizing you're not as smart as you think...just work hard to achieve like other people who are of slightly above average intelligence
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM

See a doctor about getting a prescription for an anti-depressant. Seriously, it could change your life.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:45 PM

treat real life as a game
improve your macro some more, your micro is probably fine
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM

time management is the most important skill.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 PM

seriously,this is absolutely pathetic.... im a senior in college and have been experiencing extreme laziness, but am still managing to get [censored] done.... if you want to get thru school then you will stop sucking at life and just study (seriously tho, maybe you should completely stop playing poker until the semester if it is consuming your life, the money is not as important as passing school.. at least not until your playing 600nl lol)
Old 11-26-2007, 04:52 PM

OP, it looks to me that I have found an Identical brother! this is obviously not a good thing knowing how we are. I thought it would help you feel a little better about yourself knowing there is someone more screwed up than you are.

*5 +years in community college and still can't find a major and I have to apply to transfer in fall 08. I just don't have a passion in life
* I have to get no c's in any of my classes this semester to have a chance to transfer to my local uni. I am unfortunately working on 2 c's [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
* I am a degenerate procrastinator. I am so bad that I skipped a test in my math class (the class I must pass no matter what in order to complete math requirement and trasfer) because I had not done any reading for like a month.
* Unlike you im not making money at poker. I am totally busto after I pay rent I have less than 200 bucks on my checking account every month.
* my parents are busto as well. If I don't work I can't afford to live where I do so i am basically supporting my mother and sister. Nobody can help me pay my loans (like your parents offered you)
* my gpa is horrible as well and probably not good enough to get me anywhere decent.

I understand your problem but at least you are making money at poker. For me there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully this post helps you feel a little bit better.