Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

wow looks like some nice pots next episode
Old 11-20-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, perhaps you missed all the times Sammy asks his opponent if they want to split or chop the pot, like in the QQ vs T7

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't miss it. Sammny does that with everybody, even in multi-way pots. So, that means he's not soft playing Jamie. He's playing him the same way he plays everybody else.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sammy's whole M.O. seems to be to softplay and do as little actual gambling as possible. I think all he cares about is schmoozing and how cool he looks in front of the camera. And he might look cool, but the way he plays poker is pathetic. And Jamie Gold is the Antichrist of poker etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING
Old 11-20-2007, 08:02 PM

wow 30 pages about how bad jamie gold is yet barryg gets a pass for playing terrible after letting the table talk put him into monkey tilt
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Jamie Gold is the worst thing to happen to poker, like ever.
That hand was so frustrating, still I really am enjoying these 500k episodes, best of the series imo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to do away with running it twice. Sure in theory we want a window into the biggest cash games in the world, but in practice certain things that happen there need to be barred because they make for horrible tv (look how much better thing are without prop talk).
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold is the worst thing to happen to poker, like ever.
That hand was so frustrating, still I really am enjoying these 500k episodes, best of the series imo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need to do away with running it twice. Sure in theory we want a window into the biggest cash games in the world, but in practice certain things that happen there need to be barred because they make for horrible tv (look how much better thing are without prop talk).

[/ QUOTE ]

you are so right... there are several ways that not running it twice would make hi stakes poker more enjoyable.

one great example: this forum would be delicious if gold had felted "the 2p2 hero" PA with that rivered full house. can you imagine if gold had won 750k that hand? there's a couple posters that i think may have dropped dead.

the hate level is so high .. it's unimaginable how much higher it would go!

you may not like the tone of my post.. but YA KNOW I'M RIGHT!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the standard in this game is dreadful, maybe now people will understand how jman wasn't being arrogant when he said it was such a soft game

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.. jman really put eli and sammy to the test with his QQ hand. wooo... that was hi level poker thinking at work.

he played those queens almost as good as this set of 7s . he really bet that flop well. the check on the turn. masterful. folding the best hand.. priceless.

they don't come better than that guy. did you notice when hellmuth called your boy a nit noone disagreed?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM

wow jamie gold acts like an [censored] would be interesting to see what happened if farha bets and he says fold after all that alkt of i call...

and pretty discusting if farha is actually telling the truth about softplaing.

the whole hand was a display of severe breach of poker etiquette imo and just annoying to watch.

jamie gold said it was good tv but hearing someone wine for 20minutes isnt, the hand took too long.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the whole hand was a display of severe breach of poker etiquette imo and just annoying to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's nothing wrong with talking... i'll agree gold way overdid it. but in the end it worked. he got what he wanted. do you realize that there is much greater freedom in a cash game than a tournament?

jamie does make an ass of himself. i'm sure that most of the more self absorbed posters on this forum will assert that they'd have gotten away from those two kings. i'm not so certain. especially against sammy. oh wait. weak tight rules the day here. most would have probably folded preflop. posters around here would say "i'd fold my kings against sammy and pick a better spot to felt him". big talk
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Is it just me or is following the thread here really difficult? Am I not reading these threads the way I sould be. There seems to be no lgical order (except people responding to a particular comment). I've been off this site for a while. I don't remember them being like this.