Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

What`s idiotic is the fan-boys constantly trying to find "excuses" for JMan`s fiasco when even he haven`t done it after that silly whine thread in NVG.

And since you made a "read"....lolz on my poker ability I`m gonna give it a shot too.
Looks like you get outplayed a lot kido.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no no im not claiming to know what his cards were (im assuming you arent either), but im saying that the most profitable way to play in that game would be pretty tight due to all the other splashing around. im not even arguing with people that say he made for bad TV (hell he may even have been nervous idk im not him), i just think its ridiculous for people to say he's outclassed at that table just b/c he join in the fun limp/calling huge raises w/ garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm saying he was outclassed. and not because he didn't limp with garbage. because he didn't play at all.

he was outclassed. he could return and wipe the table out... but simply on that occasion.. he was outclassed.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:28 PM

look .. that whole tight at a loose table and loose at a tight table thing is advice for beginners. i'm tired of this. when you play poker you play the game. this beginners chapter 1 view of the game is really annoying.

especially for someone with the supposed stature of your beloved jman. if he's that far behind the pros so be it. take your profit online and enjoy it.. you're just not among the best in the game so what. money is money. let the guys that you were up against that have been at it for 10 plus years get the recognition they deserve as the best in the world and you make your money online.

sheesh.. if you people are that blind to see that then you probably still think this is the year the saints are winnin the super bowl too!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Old 10-28-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm... you don`t call a person that lays down the best hand being outplayed? and by extension outclassed?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you call a person that never lays down the best hand?

a. Calling station
b. ATM
c. Fish
d. Broke
e. That guy that got knocked of the tourney in the first hour.

Seriously, how could any make a statement that a player that lays down the best hand is outclassed? Have you ever watched High Stakes Poker on TV? Did you see the hand where Phil Ivey folded KK post-flop when he was re-raised on a fairly safe board with no ace? Which player on HSP have you never seen fold the best hand?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:10 PM

I think I`ll stop giving free clues to adolescents because some people just don`t deserve to have any.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 AM

I find it really creepy and disturbing that you Stephen being a grown man would spend this much time flaming a young kid like Jman on an internet board. It's not just the criticism in this thread, it's all the other ones you started and the pleading for PM's from the man himself. That and the incessant bragging about your wealth are just plain sad and pathetic. I find it hard to believe I'm reading a middle aged mans posts and not those of a 22 year old out of control broker/balla from Howard Beach. The guy gave a pretty clear trip report about the game and explained himself well. You must either be very jealous of his success at a such a young age or you have a wierd obsession and a strong desire to seek attention in any shape or form. It's pretty strange, I would love to be a fly on the wall during one of your therapy sessions.

If this thread is so full of "teeny bopper punks" why is it so important for your voice to be heard here? Obviously you have little in common with your audience and thats why so many other posters seem to take joy in clowning you. Unfortunately you make it easy for them. For Gods sake your a middle aged guy who has enough money to enjoy playing poker for a hobby you should just enjoy what you have and accept it for what it is. Your negative posts about Jman make you come off 10 times worse than the fanboys you take such joy in antagonizing. Who are you to try and teach these kids life lessons? Do you really think having a few dollars in your pocket qualifies you to be the voice of ethics on 2+2? Is your ego that overinflated?

I would like to hear your explanation on why you mugged and stalled for camera time at the USPC, was it the five minutes of fame or did you really think that your A6 off might be the best hand? You really have no business criticizing someone for how they come off on TV because your whole act was painful to watch. You should probably take some time and read your posts before you submit them and realize how silly and lame you come off, then maybe you would think twice. You're probably not really that bad of a guy but what right do you have? Let it go man, all that negative energy and attention grabbing is bad for the soul man and nothing good can come from it.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to be a fly on the wall during one of your therapy sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would love to be a fly on the wall during one of your therapy sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Let it go man, all that negative energy and attention grabbing is bad for the soul man and nothing good can come from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right ....but I apologized and did let go about five days ago [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Theres no need to add anymore drama dude,so give it a rest plz.
Thanks,
SF
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM

What the hell is with all the criticism about how Jman acted on the show? So what if he's quiet around people he probably doesn't know at all. It's not easy to make conversation with total strangers. That's why it's always such a pain to go to a party where you know absolutely no one. Plus, just because he was quiet on this particular show doesn't mean he has no personality/social skills. I bet most people on this board would not be chatting it up if they were given a chance to be on this show.

Flip-flop, you must really be an unfriendly and/or unlikable person if you choose to assassinate someone's character like you have done repeatedly to someone you have never even spent time with.