Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Pokertracker stats question

I've been looking at my stats at the different blind levels, and noticed I'm at -.05BB/100 at 100/200. This is -86,000 chips, after just 343 turbos (6.50's on Stars) I think this is the main reason my distribution sucks (9/14/20/15).

I know how small this sample is, but I want to know if this is a big problem if things don't improve over a much bigger sample.

So, if you're playing without leaks over a much larger sample, can you expect to be in the green at all blind levels or are there any levels where you can expect to be losing chips?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker stats question

theoretically you should be winning chips at every level
go through the levels that you are having trouble with, look for hands you werent sure about/hands you are losing a lot of chips with (not bad beat hands) and make some posts and people will help you out
Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 AM

Theoretically - yeah you should be winning chips at every level, but I think it's common to have slightly negative results in some of the mid levels.

100/200 is a pushing level in my mind and you should be making +EV pushes/call there.

343 turbos could be a too small of a sample size, I know I'm positive at that level over 1000 tournaments, but negative this month at 350 tournaments.

Either I'm screwing up this month, or losing races etc. Don't blow it off as too small of a sample still analysis it, but due to the sample size it may not be a leak.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:37 AM

It would SEEM you may be missing a ton of +EV pushes, which would explain why you're not winning the chips at 100/200 and often sneaking into the money in 3rd place.

And also remember these stats include the 100/200 w/25 ante level too, in which you can often open up your pushes even more.

But, of course that may not be the case, but something to think about. Do you have SNGPT or SNGWizard or anything?
Old 01-20-2007, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the responses. I doubt it's small sample because when I include the 462 non-turbos I played before switching to turbos, my results are even worse at the 100/200 level:

-.003BB/hand over 13763 hands = -141,936. The scary part is that I'm in the green at every other level, so I really must be [censored] up at this level.

PF raise% is 14, which is probably low? I think the problem is that I place so much emphasis on making the money, so while I do loosen up on each level, I don't loosen up enough and pass on +EV pushes. This leaves me with high ITM (45.5%) bad distribution (overall 11/15/19/14).

I do have SNGPT, and need to start checking where the hell I'm leaving all these chips on the table. Thanks again...
Old 01-20-2007, 12:16 PM

does everyone use PT + PAHUD when they're snging?

How -EV is it for me not to buy PAHUD when I 4-table $12's at FT continuously?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does everyone use PT + PAHUD when they're snging?

How -EV is it for me not to buy PAHUD when I 4-table $12's at FT continuously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculously -EV. What does PAHUD cost, $25? You're paying like twice that PER SET of $12's at FT. You'll recover the $25 in half a day due to improved stats/reads.