Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Deepstacked Live 25/50 at Bellagio This One\'s A Toughie

I'd probably check behind here. You're both very, very deep so this is a great spot for him to get extra tricky and try to induce a bet on the river with a better hand in order to check-raise and get the rest of your stack, or even check a better hand so as not to get bluff-raised all-in and have to face a really tough decision with a flush on a paired board. Or to check-raise all-in figuring it's very unlikely for you to have boat based on the pf action (you'd prolly bet QQ on flop?..), and knowing that you shouldn't call without one... so between all the times he's check-calling with a better hand, check-raising with a better hand, not calling with a worse one, and check-raising bluffing with a worse one that'll make you want to puke, a check is best.

Kirk

PS. [censored] metagame, pf is pretty atrocious. Given that he's a very aggressive player, you'll get plenty of chances to resteal with at least marginally playable hands.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:19 AM

You're not gonna get check raised bluffed here, not by this guy, not with your image.

If you REALLY want to check, bet small, like 4k small, so that he will call with a good pair. I say go for blood and take 7k from an overpair.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All. I just realized I misremembered the hand. The river was offsuit 9, not Q. Does that change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're stronge.r..
Old 10-13-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All. I just realized I misremembered the hand. The river was offsuit 9, not Q. Does that change anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're stronge.r..

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're stronge.r..

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think he means that you can add QQ safely to his range as a hand that you beat.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:58 AM

i think you should make turn a little cheaper, and it makes your riv decision eaiser. Given where your at now if hes really good i like a shove... if hes really bad i bet 6k, since it sounds like hes somewhere in between i dont have too much of a clue. I think i shove though.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:08 AM

I agree with durr. Weve really under represented our hand so we may get a loose call from a small overpair. He would probably play a small flopped flush like this too but his range is still pretty huge. He assumes you bet AA KK with a diamond, or a flopped flush, or a set on the flop right? Then this is an easier value push because hell have trouble putting us on a real monster hand and may make a heroic call. I probably prefer a push outright, unless thats out of character for you.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:13 AM

Is betting small an option? A small bet can be very difficult for an opponent to deal with. He could call it with a fairly wide range (including some hands that are beating you) and might be tempted to bluffraise perceived weakness.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is betting small an option? A small bet can be very difficult for an opponent to deal with. He could call it with a fairly wide range (including some hands that are beating you) and might be tempted to bluffraise perceived weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't want to bet 5k here and face an all-in. I think you are most likely ahead to QQ-AA here, I'm not too concerned about the diamonds, guess 99, but that seems unlikely given the preflop action and turn action.

However, I would probably bet 5k here for value, but would be inclined to fold to a push. I don't see him getting too tricky here with a bluff check/raise given the size of the pot at that time, etc.

Although TheBruiser500's post from a few days ago has got me second guessing decisions like this.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:05 AM

Give him 3:1 on the rvr.