ace what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that means that no one likes you
Old 10-06-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: QQ headsup

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] u 2
Old 10-06-2006, 03:18 AM

I think against most opponents you have to call the river here. If he is checking monsters to you over and over like this, we can exploit it.

With a real laggy image on your part, you are going to see air here fairly often.

I like everything up to the river. The turn is conditional. I can bet the turn there against some guys, some its a manditory check.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 AM

this is close but i think we can fold.

a tight full ring player will not call a raise and a c-bet oop and wait for the river to c/r steal.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:42 AM

ez something im not sure what though
Old 10-06-2006, 03:46 AM

??
Old 10-06-2006, 03:48 AM

lam, good point. he is tight and has checked to me on three streets basically saying "i dont have a hand" giving him no credibilty to steal on river
Old 10-13-2006, 08:31 AM

I think a better play might be continuing with the lead and betting on the turn. This way it may make him define a stronger hand earlier and will also remove doubt from your mind that he is attempting a steal due to you showing weakness on the turn after a seemingly standard c-bet on the flop, it also adds a little value to your hand if a 9 or an 8 call. Betting the turn may also convince the villain that you will again bet the river (from pre-flop action he may put you on an overpair to the board). Villain may be looking to check raise the river with a monster, a turn bet therefore can essentially work as a blocking bet for the river and allow you to check a nice sized pot through.

It is v-tempting to value bet on the river with the hopes of the A9 or some other hand of a similar strength trying to get stubborn and pay you off. However its not really a spot to value bet here IMO, you do not have a big hand considering the board and by betting this street you have essentially committed 1/3 your stack to these cards with little chance of being called by worse hands. If you have been beating up on this guy a bit by 3-betting him etc then he will be increasingly be likely to make a move out of frustration, don’t give him the opportunity to make this play in a crucial pot such as this. KEEP IN CONTROL OF THE ACTION.

To me it looks as though the villain either has a strong ace with which he is trying to call you down (he wont call a river bet), or he has a very strong hand he is trapping. Why not show down a big hand here and rebuild a bit of table image let him know he can’t start to try calling you down with A-high or bottom pairs.
An even better reason to check the river here, if he is attempting a trap then you will have paid him off the least amount possible- I am pretty sure this will put villain further off his game and will confirm in his mind that you must have ALL sorts of reads on him. Why not even show the QQ if he has a monster? That has to mess with his head doesn’t it…….....
Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 AM

What hands do you expect to get value from on the river besides JJ? What better hands fold to your river bet HU?

As played the river is an easy fold as any 1 pair hand will just call but not raise. So that leaves an overpair and trip 10’s.