Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: 25/50 Ring:Halfway hand vs Bldswtrs

I want to hear some ppls thoughts on this hand plz.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:35 PM

your stack size makes it look like hes not bluffing much
Old 10-12-2006, 03:36 PM

Ok, how about some direct questions, I realize I was kinda rambling in the OP.

#1. How often should I RRR preflop. Should it be a standard PSRRR, or allin?
#2. Should I bet flop? What if he CRAI's, ( which he will a large % of the time, I think, and with him, it doesn't necessarily mean he has the king in my experience.)
#3 Played as such, should I call, fold or raise the turn?
#4 Should I call river, seeing as it kinda a blank, since I'd guess he bets a flush draw on the flop?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#2. Should I bet flop? What if he CRAI's, ( which he will a large % of the time, I think, and with him, it doesn't necessarily mean he has the king in my experience.)
#4 Should I call river, seeing as it kinda a blank, since I'd guess he bets a flush draw on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

#5 What hand do you think he put me on based on my actions?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good addition.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:48 PM

The reason for him checking could be something as simple as: he only needs 2 streets to get all the money in.
If you had a full stack he would have made his standard bet?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
1. I would basically never re-re-raise with your hand in this spot. In fact, I don't even think calling the re-raise is very +EV. Folding pre-flop isn't terrible and is probably what I would do although I think it is close.
2. Flop play is tough. Basically you should bet if you believe you have a clear call/fold when he raises. Or bet if you think it won't be a clear call/fold but that the decision will get even closer on later streets. Check it through if you believe that you should fold to a flop c/r and that later streets will be easier to play. My personal preference is to check the flop.
3. Raising's kinda spewy imho but may be right if you have a really super-nitty image or expect him to lay down a lot for whatever reason. I pretty much hate calling here. Folding would be my preferred option.
4. Against players who wouldn't be value-betting light on this board and would have c-bet almost all hands that connected with the flop you could maybe make a heroic call here, but imho Bld is gonna be ahead of you in this spot too often to call. I may be wrong, though. Bld plays better than me. Which is why I fold pf.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Good addition.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) I think short stacked this is a marginally -EV preflop call here. If you're going to reraise, I think a potsized RR is good, but you're (obviously) just bluffing him.
2) I haven't seen Bld RR and check/fold the flop that often OOP. He's going to do it sometimes, I guess, but I think I'm checking here. If I'm betting, I'm pushing the turn as well and folding to a checkraise.
3) I think calling the turn is gross, I'd fold most of the time nad maybe raise less than 1/4 the time.
4) I'm folding the river here, too. You say that he bets a flush draw, but given that he checked the flop, maybe he was going to checkraise his flush draw?
5) If I'm playing this hand in either you or Bld's shoes and I don't have/can't beat AK, I'm pretty worried. I don't think you're anywhere deep enough that Bld tries to push you off AK, so what I think this hand boils down to is either you representing it yourself and betting the flop/turn, or assuming he has it and folding.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:01 PM

badguy did you think dali was bld in this hand and was just bragging?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM

I don't hate betting and calling a shove on this flop (It looks like you have extactly what you have and Bld will know this). Were you planning on calling any non-spade river? I think this a decent river for you to call on as Bld will often be bluffing here, and wont bluff a total blank.

Obv a very though hand to play OOP againest Bld. With these stack sizes OOP I really don't mind a fold. Doubtful you are going to win much money off Bld in the long run.

If you decide to call you are going to have to get value out of your hand when you don't hit sometimes. Looks like a decent spot for a hero call for me. (Bld is unlikly to fire the blankest rivers as a bluff I think).

Basially, I think Bld is playing close enough to unexploitably (depending on how he veiws you), that it doesn't matter if you call/fold.

If Bld veiws as weak and constantly tries to run you over I'd call.