Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Multitabling stud online

Hello Uncle Wimp

It kinda depends on the ante structure. At $1/$2 w. 0.25 ante and 0.5 BI, you need to play more hands, and here I can manage three tables on a 19´ monitor set at 1600-1200. With a more normal structure, four-tabling should be easy, because you don't have to play the weird hands such a one-gap straights w. a 2-flush that require extensive observation of all your freak outs.

Smurf
Old 02-21-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 8-tabling on a regular basis now, although this is generally at $2/$4, with a few $3/$6 tables thrown in depending on the table.

I just bought two new LCDs so now I have 4, and depending on how things go, would like to move up to more tables, but I'd really have to be using a HUD to do that. For now I use the other monitors for Pokertrackers Gametime+. Sample size is still small, but with PT GT+ it's making multi-tabling a lot easier, and more profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerACEJosh has already stated (on the PokerACE forums) that he intends to add Pokertracker Stud support to PokerACE HUD. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PokerACEJosh has already stated (on the PokerACE forums) that he intends to add Pokertracker Stud support to PokerACE HUD. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I heard that. I PM'd PokerAce here, but he said it wouldn't be for awhile [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Then again, if you e-mailed Pokertracker a month ago they'd say there was no plans for a Stud version [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM

I saw on another forum about Pargon poker pal? said it would keep up with the mucked cards on the table? Anyone try this? I don't see how it would work as hand histories are usually sent after the hand. If it works I definatley want it.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 AM

It is my understanding that there have been a few different programs like that. The sites consider them cheating and are usually working on ways to make it impossible to play while they are running.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:39 PM

I regularly play 3-4 tables of stud hi-lo and occasionally I play a 5th table if I'm in some sort of tournament. It definitely requires all my attention, but I find it helps me play better. Since I'm on so many tables I don't have time to play marginal hands and get myself into sticky situations.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw on another forum about Pargon poker pal? said it would keep up with the mucked cards on the table? Anyone try this? I don't see how it would work as hand histories are usually sent after the hand. If it works I definatley want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it last week. It works in real time, but it really slows down your table and doesn't stay completely in sync with what you see on the board. I found it more distracting than useful.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:24 PM

4 and it's not a problem when you're used ot it. I only wish the screen was bigger.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone multitable, and if so, how many tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post seems to come up once a month. It's quite easy to multi table stud and I can do up to 6 tables at a time although i prefer 4,
Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This post seems to come up once a week .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.