Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Default 5CD pass and back in

At Poker Stars and Ongame, the 5CD games had two blinds, and if you passed you dropped. At Microgaming, it's pass and back in, where you can check your hand and you're still live. If it's checked around, all 5 players draw.

What changes in starting hand requirements do you make when you play pass and back in? How often do you sandbag a big hand from in front, and what do you consider a "big" hand worth sandbagging?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: 5CD pass and back in

Mike Caro's section in SuperSystem has an extensive discussion of this topic. It's worth reading.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:20 PM

uncle wimp,
ive never played this, but ive heard about it.
it sound like you have sat into this game already?
how was your experience?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Caro's section in SuperSystem has an extensive discussion of this topic. It's worth reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be seriously misleading if taken literally, as Caro was writing about an eight player table. However, the principles behind sandbagging will be useful as outlined in Supersystem.

For your game, the answer will be very few hands will be worth sandbagging as there are so few players to bet after you. Not only that but to make sure someone bets you are going to need something other than a loose-passive game.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 AM

I didn't like it. So many people passed in early position with two smal pairs and AA. My opener from the button with JJ didn't seem to show a profit. If someone had opened with AA, I would fold the JJ. Here, they had me trapped. It was like playing against four blinds.

There was a lot of bluffing also at the no-limit table. If everyone passed to the button, he often bet out with a 4-flush and drew to it if called. I made $750 in the first day, mostly picking off horrible bluffs. I gave back $530 today.

I forgot to mention it was no-limit with no blinds, just $4 antes. I really felt like I had to get in a pot and mix it up because the ante was so high.

They rake .80 from the $20 pre-draw pot 5-handed, too, and that's before any post-draw betting. That was a killer. If we played 75 hands an hour, they raked at least $60. Most people sat down with $400.

My sandbagging skills need work and I'm heading to the Caro chapter, thanks to this forum.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:05 AM

The other problem is that caro has a joker in his chapters. Still, you're looking for Aces in EP, then Kings then Jacks, as you would. You''ll see though. I'm going to try some microgaming play and see what happens.