Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Default nl400 99 on ragged board, 2nd pair

hi

hand is played on partypoker, i only have the email history and dont find a converter that is able to convert it..

so here it is
he has 500$, i have him coverd
villain is tag, 19/12 3.7AF
my image was a bit laggish at table table, i think 27/22 but i could show some good hands
not much history, i stacked him some orbits before that hand with a set vs his overpair
i(CO) raise to 16 with 99, BU calls
flop pot:38
T 7 5
i bet 24 he calls
turn pot: 86
i check, he bets 75 i call
river: pot 236
i check, he shoves quite instantly for 380 more, i fold

so my question about the hand is the turn
i dont know if i like my c/call line there, but folding seems to weak and i think if i bet i only get called by better hands...
but if i call the turn i should also call the river, but i think i am never good here often enough?
standard hand and standard fold on the river?

toretto
Old 11-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: nl400 99 on ragged board, 2nd pair

I b/f turn ... checking opens yourself up to the inevitable float which this board was great for and I hate c/c that turn.

As played the river is tough... i really don't see JJ+ in his range....Over cards are still a definite possibility as well as hands like 66 and 88.... but i think villain shows up with a set here often enough to make a fold on the river correct.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM

You must bet this turn card again !!! villain could be floating you and any hand that currently beats you he probably would have reraised preflop JJ+

my only guess is that villain is on somethign like 9T, 89, or JT , or maybe trips .... you must bet the turn here to see where you are in the hand

by showing weakness on the turn you are giving him the green light to bluff the river... if he calls though you will know that you are beat and will be able to either put a blocking bet on the river or c/c a small enough bet that he might do with a busted straight
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM

I don't think a 19/12 is going to be betting 66 or 88 here on the turn. I'm not sure how much they'll be floating either, so I'd probably just check/fold the turn unless you've seen him floating (or calling flops IP and folding to turn bets) quite a bit.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Why do you want to bet the turn if you think villain is floating? I just c/f turn. Villain doesn't seem like the type to get too tricky and likely checks back any hand you beat on the turn.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to bet the turn if you think villain is floating? I just c/f turn. Villain doesn't seem like the type to get too tricky and likely checks back any hand you beat on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/f turn ??? that seems pretty weak..... why would you c/f turn if you think he is floating with over cards ?

you said he will check back any hand we beat on the turn ??? What about a straight draw or if he was floating now he is putting that into action

and with AF this high this player will make a reraise on the turn if he has a set or 2 pair or something along those lines .... if he doesn't he is either on a straight draw or JT

by c/f turn i think you are folding to a draw or overs even against this player alot of the time
Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/f turn ??? that seems pretty weak..... why would you c/f turn if you think he is floating with over cards ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I wan't clear. If you think villain is floating here then b/f doesn't make any sense on the turn. I personally don't think this type of villains is floating very often so I just check fold.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:55 PM

why bet turn? i dont see any sense in betting here
do you think he will fold a T? if he floats i like that he bluff bets me on the turn
i dont think i must protect vs max 6 outs if he floated me

the only problem with that line is that i showed so much weakness and he will bluff the river sometimes, i think i had called a bet that was not that big, but that overbet just destroys my odds to call