Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Contraversial AC Related Thread (TL;PR)

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think animals in the wild is a good analogy to ACism, animals in the wild would be much closer to social darwinism. ACism is built on principles of rights also, the rights to freedom and property.

If you go down to base nature examples, then any system that currently operates is justifiable simply because it exists

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, that wasn't really what I was trying to get at.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you can enter his house and stand over him while he's sleeping at night, right?

[/ QUOTE ] Don't know what you mean by "can". Are you asking if I think it's ok to do that? No, I don't. That doesn't mean I think it's ok for him to kill me if I do it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you can enter his house and stand over him while he's sleeping at night, right?

[/ QUOTE ] Don't know what you mean by "can". Are you asking if I think it's ok to do that? No, I don't. That doesn't mean I think it's ok for him to kill me if I do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you said "Doesn't matter where I step, as long as it's not on you. " So standing right next to him in his house is OK according to you as long as you don't actually touch him. This is consistent with your position that his claiming that house as his property is an axample of he trying to "enforce" his views upon you, and that you don't accept his claim.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you said "Doesn't matter where I step, as long as it's not on you. "

[/ QUOTE ] That was when we were talking about if he was justified in using violence against me

[ QUOTE ]
So standing right next to him in his house is OK according to you as long as you don't actually touch him.

[/ QUOTE ] No. I don't think it's OK. But a lot of things are not OK with me. Doesn't mean I get to kill people who do them.

[ QUOTE ]
This is consistent with your position that his claiming that house as his property is an axample of he trying to "enforce" his views upon you, and that you don't accept his claim.

[/ QUOTE ] Yes. I don't accept his claim to violently "enforce" his property. And I argue that if you think my position is "wrong/too idealistic/has to be discarded because it would never work in the real world" - for the purpose of morality and moral consistency - you might as well be a full blown statist. ACists don't have the "moral high ground" they think they have.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] That was when we were talking about if he was justified in using violence against me

[ QUOTE ]
So standing right next to him in his house is OK according to you as long as you don't actually touch him.

[/ QUOTE ] No. I don't think it's OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it's OK to stand in his back yard? What about if he shouts out of his house, "hey that's my yard move off my property" Is it OK for you to stay?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think it's OK to stand in his back yard? What about if he shouts out of his house, "hey that's my yard move off my property" Is it OK for you to stay?

[/ QUOTE ] Depends on too many things. What is he doing there? I don't know why it matters to you what I think is OK, anyway. As long as I recognize that that is my subjective opinion, and I don't get to back it with violence when someone disagrees with me. (And no. Standing in the back yard is not violence.)
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Depends on too many things. What is he doing there? I don't know why it matters to you what I think is OK, anyway. As long as I recognize that that is my subjective opinion, and I don't get to back it with violence when someone disagrees with me. (And no. Standing in the back yard is not violence.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it OK if I bring a few 10 year olds into your back yard and start having an orgy with them?

Or maybe enter your back yard and start posting signs about joining the Nazi party?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it OK if I bring a few 10 year olds into your back yard and start having an orgy with them?

[/ QUOTE ] About as ok as if you did it somewhere else. A little less ok than if you did it in your own back yard I suppose. Still, where you are has little bearing on what I think of this action. Anyway, no, of course I don't think it's ok. But if it's justified (to me) that you use violence to stop this, it's not because it was in your back yard.

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe enter your back yard and start posting signs about joining the Nazi party?

[/ QUOTE ] No, not ok. Among other things because I don't like nazis. Still doesn't mean I can shoot you.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] About as ok as if you did it somewhere else. A little less ok than if you did it in your own back yard I suppose. Still, where you are has little bearing on what I think of this action. Anyway, no, of course I don't think it's ok. But if it's justified (to me) that you use violence to stop this, it's not because it was in your back yard.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] No, not ok. Among other things because I don't like nazis. Still doesn't mean I can shoot you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are all these AC advocates of murdering people for tresspassing then?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are all these AC advocates of murdering people for tresspassing then?

[/ QUOTE ] Sorry. Exchange "shoot" with any form of violence you prefer.