0-20% 9 50.00%
20-40% 6 33.33%
40-60% 1 5.56%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 07:44 PM

Default To correct, or not to correct, that is the question.

This problem arose in my last home game. I'm a bit unclear as to the exact details, but I think that is kind of the point...

A hand involving three players and a side pot and main pot occurred. The hand resolved with a player winning the main pot and another winning the side pot. Three or four hands later, one of the players states that the pots in the previously discussed hand were incorrect. With remarkable accuracy, the player explained that each pot was wrong and that it was not too late to correct it. Correcting it (if everything the player says was true, either intentionally or not) would not involve that much of a change (less than 10% of stacks). The table feeling, along with mine (the host) was that three hands later is too late to correct that sort of an error. I figured it would set too slippery of a president and result in future conflicts of the same nature. But suppose the player was able to exactly recall each players betting action for the whole hand, three hands later, should the chips be corrected?

If this needs any clarification, let me know. Thanks for the help.

Oh, an important detail was overlooked. The player requesting the chip correction won one of the pots and felt some of the chips from the pot he didn't win belonged in the pot he did win.