Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Default weak. from the start.....whats he got though?

Bubble. im tired - thats my excuse.
Since we`ve been short handed i`ve been passive pre flop, aggressive post.
Villian has been tight

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: t10107.50
Button: t22744.06
SB: t7183.44
BB: t4365.00

Pre-flop: (4 players) hero is UTG with :a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] :4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero calls t400 pot was t600)</font>, Button folds, SB calls t400 pot was t1000)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: :q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] :2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] :a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1200, 3 players)
SB bets t1200</font>, BB folds, hero calls t1200 pot was t2400)</font>.

Turn: :3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t3600, 2 players)
SB bets t1800</font>, hero calls t1800 pot was t5400)</font>.

River: :4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t7200, 2 players)
SB bets t3600</font>, hero ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I know i havent played this very well so what do i put him on and when do i put him on it?
Old 01-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: weak. from the start.....whats he got though?

I'll help you out with this hand street for street, because I find a couple of leaks.

I was gonna say fold preflop, but then I notice that it was 4-handed. So I think you should play this hand under the gun, but you need to raise. Make it t1200.

SB leads the flop. Now you are in trouble, because your kicker problems are very serious. And also, you have very little information about what hands SB could have, because he'd probably play any two cards preflop. For all you know he can have Q2. It's kind of a tough spot. While I don't think calling in position is very bad, I think I'd raise here. It's good to find out where you stand. I'd make it t3100.

On the turn I could find a fold. I don't really know what he could still be betting with that you have beat. It might be a queen or flush draw, but I find that pretty unlikely.

River is an easy call. You now beat a lot of his two pair/top pair combinations. AQ is unlikely to be in his range, because I'd expect him to raise it preflop. Still, river is an easy call, because now you beat plenty of the hands in his range. Raising even crossed my mind here. You of course aren't winning all the time, but the fact that you very often win, together with irresistible pot-odds, makes it plain wrong to fold this river.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: weak. from the start.....whats he got though?

Thanks Fiks,
Couldnt`t make a proper decsision right through this hand.
Guy played so tight though. i couldnt think what he had that he wouldn`t have raised pre flop that i didnt beat on the river