Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Default NL50: Flopped set. Protect vs slowplaying...

Villain is 78/3.5/.65 and bets virtually every time you check to him on flop and turn (Flop AF 4.1, Turn AF 2.5).
Due to his very high VPIP, he could show up with pretty much everything here. Of course I'm not afraid to be behind right now, but he could easily have 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like T9 or 87 for OESDs.
So my question is now: is the c/r good here do deny him the odds to draw and to get the money in ASAP in case he continues or should we just VB every street here in case he got something like KQ, AQ, QJ which he might pay me off with...
All comments appreciated!
Plus: how is the size of the c/r?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $30.30
BTN: $59.25
SB: $47.50
BB: $43
UTG: $16.70
Hero (UTG+1): $82.85
UTG+2: $11.85
MP1: $90.45
MP2: $28.45

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $2, 5 folds

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets $4.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13</font>
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: NL50: Flopped set. Protect vs slowplaying...

Seems goot to me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM

With that read I'd c/c flop and c/r the turn; if he's gonna fold you at least get 2 streets of him spewing, if he's gonna call you have a set against an idiot, gogoogogo.

As I said in another thread, stop putting people exactly on the couple hands that terrify you. Keep them in mind but also keep in mind the 100 other hands they can have.

You're also 160 bbs deep so I'd give him a turn card to make him really like his hand. Hopefully it wouldn't make him like it too much b/c you obv want to be felting this.

I don't like the flop c/r because sure he continues with the hands you're worried about and probably Qx as well but folds out all the air hands in his range.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that read I'd c/c flop and c/r the turn; if he's gonna fold you at least get 2 streets of him spewing, if he's gonna call you have a set against an idiot, gogoogogo.

[/ QUOTE ]

With an opponent that aggressive on the flop, if we c/c theres a chance he checks behind on the turn, which prevents us from building a large pot here, and gives opponent free cards for possible draws. In position perhaps the call flop raise turn line would be more effective, bc we can still bet if checked to on the turn.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Effen: I completely agree that we shouldn't see monsters everywhere, but the prob is that there is really a big number of cards that could kill me here, at least every heart would suck big style. And as you mentionend we are pretty deep both, say a heart comes off, I c/r him on the turn and he 4bets AI. Don't know if I want to be in this situation. Plus I had at least some hope he could reraise me on the flop...
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM

If you're that concerned about the hand you should forego the $4.75 that you're sure to get by checking the flop and lead it instead to give you control of the hand and betting so you can bet/fold the turn if he goes nuts on an action card.

He'll continue with all those draw hands plus Qx plus the odd TT or something by leading but you'll fold out all his air hands which are such a huge part of his range and are basically free money given his behavior patterns...
Old 11-02-2007, 02:00 PM

I like the flop c/r here, but ONLY because of the specific read you had on villain. I dont like a c/c line because if villain does check beind you have failed to build a pot and given a dangerous free card to him. You said that he bets just about every time when checked to if he has nothing, you at least get his flop bet in the pot if he doesnt call the c/r. The board isnt heavily textured but its enough that I dont want to risk giving a free card. I am not finding a slowplay here anywhere except the flop c/r.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop c/r here, but ONLY because of the specific read you had on villain. I dont like a c/c line because if villain does check beind you have failed to build a pot and given a dangerous free card to him. You said that he bets just about every time when checked to if he has nothing, you at least get his flop bet in the pot if he doesnt call the c/r. The board isnt heavily textured but its enough that I dont want to risk giving a free card. I am not finding a slowplay here anywhere except the flop c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur with both the original post and the post that follows it.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM

did you plan to c/r? if so, how were you sure he was going to bet?
what was the plan if he was going to check behind? Villain was not very aggressive, he might've checked behind, right?

I think I prefer just betting out the flop.