Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

I haven't heard it discssed recently and was just wondering if it should be my next purchase.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Any updates on Tommy Angelo\'s book?

i emailed tommy and he said the end of november
Old 10-11-2007, 11:52 PM

I am also in contact with Tommy. Should be getting cover art and descriptive text in the next week or two. Once I am assured we are under 30 days from arrival it will go up for pre-release ordering.

Mike
Old 10-12-2007, 12:15 AM

Last I heard Tommy was trying to keep this book in limited quantity. Is this still true?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard it discssed recently and was just wondering if it should be my next purchase.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just heard that he had decided to have it printed in the UK, and as a result it won't reach the US market for at least another 6 to 9 months.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 AM

i emailed tommy today and he said november, strange
Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 AM

He was joking. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just heard that he had decided to have it printed in the UK, and as a result it won't reach the US market for at least another 6 to 9 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine as long as he isn't stupid enough to come in here and say the reason we have to wait so long is because he saved money.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine as long as he isn't stupid enough to come in here and say the reason we have to wait so long is because he saved money.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that was the reason, would you rather he lied?
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If that was the reason, would you rather he lied?

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, but it ain't lying it is witholding information that the buyer doesn't really need. This was clearly a situation that required them to be, what I refer to as "suitably vauge". "Unavoidable delays" or "Circumstances caused a delay" would have been plenty of information and wouldn't have bothered me at all.