Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 09-14-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: mario strikers

but the wii versrion is called mario strikers charged i thought so i have no clue.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i still do have a question about the game, sometime ill b playing vs the cpu and they will grab the ball out of the air (no tackle or anything), what key do you press and is it based on timing or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can "intercept" the ball in the air by pressing the shoot button... this is key sometimes to stopping the dry bones lob shot into the net after his special shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can also lob pass it out of the air with Z+A and get under where the ball is going to land. You can kind of do just A if you time it perfectly but usually you end up switching dudes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: Also, DK, Birdo, Bones, Bones ftw. Although I am thinking of putting a Shyguy in for one of the Bones.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Also, DK, Birdo, Bones, Bones ftw. Although I am thinking of putting a Shyguy in for one of the Bones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your lineup looks solid, assuming you're good with using Birdo dekes in the right situations. I'm on the fence about Shyguy. There was a time the past few nights I said to my strikers partner "shyguy is our next step to being the best," but he laughed at me about that. What are the advantages to having a shyguy in the lineup instead of two drybones (in case you missed it, we use a team of Daisy, 2 Dry Bones, and Boo)?

Also, something for you to consider if you use shyguy in your current lineup: You've got two fairly slow people in your lineup (DK, Birdo). Shyguy's special shot seems to fare better with quick guys who can clean up the trash and quickly get to the ball after his bullet explosion. Birdo and DK's lack of speed puts that task almost solely on your dry bone's shoulders... If he isn't in the area, or checked to the ground or electrocuted or whatever, shyguy's special shot gets wasted a lot of the time.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Luigi makes something like 75% of his aerial shots, no matter the handicap put on the goalie. i dont use hammer bros to spam, i use him for backup shot and for a quick pass. same with boo and toad. the difference however is that taod has 3 special techniques he can do that nobody else can. if you do the jump deke into his goalie and pass and shoot right after the goalie hits him, th shooter will automatically score. Toad can deflect the pass off the wall and score a header off his own pass. boo can do this too, but toad is easier to do it with. i primarily use boo for his fast charging.

on the topic of shyguy

a good use for neutral players is that they have the best deke. if yu learn how to jump to the side quick enough, you can actually charge and jump around the field and never get hit. i've seen experts only use shy guys and koopas. its really weird but an awesome technique imo

i wanna get some games going against people...

who wants to play later tonight?