Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: mario strikers

lol ive done this a few times to some people who i thought were really taking advantage or lag/being cheap, usually they disconnect from me.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:33 PM

i still do have a question about the game, sometime ill b playing vs the cpu and they will grab the ball out of the air (no tackle or anything), what key do you press and is it based on timing or what?
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still do have a question about the game, sometime ill b playing vs the cpu and they will grab the ball out of the air (no tackle or anything), what key do you press and is it based on timing or what?

[/ QUOTE ] when they are make an in air pass, push A to get the player closest to the ball, then while the ball is still in the air
hold z and tap a. if your on their side of the field you can hold z and tap b and your player will actually intercept the ball and take a shot. it does take timing though, so practice.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can "intercept" the ball in the air by pressing the shoot button... this is key sometimes to stopping the dry bones lob shot into the net after his special shot.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did they fix the hammer spammers?

how is your squad set up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still see it sometimes but it's super easy to defend against and doesn't bother me at all.

Basically, we associate hammerhead with NOOOOOOB. Hammerhead really is the worst player in the game.

Our team is:

Captain: Daisy
Offense: Boo, Dry Bones
Defense: Dry Bones

We have went back and forth with our captain but for our purposes I'm now convinced Daisy is the best choice. We've used her, then Peach, then Waluigi, and now back to her. Her thunderspike special item is an automatic goal for us every time, which is nice. (someone be in control of daisy, and either of us shoot a [censored] shot at the goalie, if the goalie catches it, have daisy a few feet from the goalie.... then use the item, goalie gets knocked out, ball flies into the air, daisy shoots it in the air and it's a goal).

You wouldn't be able to convince me that your team should ever consist of anybody but Dry Bones or Boo.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also me and my little bro are pretty fantastic ourselves

challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

Haven't heard of the that team though I think we've maybe played them in some point the past couple of weeks.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do you beat petey? teach me plz

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience, don't slide tackle him till he does his deke first. If he catches on and never dekes, then you start going in for slide tackles sooner.

He has a large checking range, so lots of quick lob passes are key. Most Petey players are chronic body checkers, so, by lob passing you'll accumulate a shitton of items. Once you get items, it's over.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my lineup consists of:

Luigi (captn)
Hammer Bros (top shooter)
Toad (Bottom shooter)
Boo (Defense)

The three team mates have excellent passing and luigi and hammer bros have a nice shot. I am not a hammer spammer, as they are so easy to defend against now. My only weakness really is that nobody on my team has strong defense. Luigi has decent defense but everyone else is really weak at defense. considering swapping toad for Dry Bones, but DB is kinda useless. A+ topic, gimme more.

[/ QUOTE ]

My assessment of your team:

Luigi -- meh. I guess you could have worse. I really prefer a faster captain yet, and his special move isn't too tough to defend against, since with the correct timing you can still slide tackle him, and it's pretty easy to lob pass and/or clear the ball if/when he becomes super luigi.

Hammer Bros -- already stated my opinion of him, but basically I think he's the worst player in the game. His deke is super easy to defend against, he's slow, and his shot isn't the best of the non captains. Basically, for what his purposes are, I think Birdo would be a better choice for you, since Birdo's deke is a little quicker/tougher to defend if you consistently mash the deke button, and birdo IMO has a better shot (obv not quite as good of a special shot, but, it's more likely you actually get it off with birdo)

Toad -- We used to use Toad, then realized Boo does the same thing, but better. It's easier to use Boo's deke to score a goal than Toad's, and Boo's checking range is just a hair longer than Toad's [censored] checking/slide tackling range.

Boo - See above.

Also fwiw, the only non-fast captain who I think is good is DK. IMO at this juncture, becoming good with DK might be the final step my friend and I need to make. He is surprisingly quick for how big he is, has a huge checking range, and a super strong shot (since more and more of our goals are being scored by charging the ball up thru passes)
Old 09-14-2007, 05:11 PM

hi, i have no clue whats going on. whats up guys?
Old 09-14-2007, 06:28 PM

i dont even know what system the game is for.

i am assuming wii, because it must be nintendo...