Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Brief Open Letter to KGC

Dear KGC,

In light of the recent Absolute Poker scandal, it is my view that you should require any site who wishes to receive your stamp of approval to adhere to these two principles:

1) Their site is compatible with Poker Tracker (or at the least, offers hand histories that are savable to your hard drive).
2) Minimize the frequency with which a user can change their alias to something like once per 6 months or once per 12 months.

The reason for these are fairly obvious -- these two stipulations help all online poker players in the self-policing of the sites they play on, and administers an extra layer of accountability for everybody.

Please consider this and any other reasonable actions carefully, as we are now in a time period where re-establishing online poker's integrity should be of paramount importance.

Thank you.

- Mike Schneider
Old 10-21-2007, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Brief Open Letter to KGC

In return, every year 2p2 will nominate a representative to go to your annual pow-wow. Also he will cut his hair into a Mowhawk. That is all.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:35 AM

Seriously though I don't see the KGC caring at all. They are the "flag of convenience" of the 21st century, and make money by having more purchases and receiving more fees for their license, not by being a credible organization with standards. The lack of standards, in fact, is their main draw.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously though I don't see the KGC caring at all. They are the "flag of convenience" of the 21st century, and make money by having more purchases and receiving more fees for their license, not by being a credible organization with standards. The lack of standards, in fact, is their main draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except if they aren't careful about their laxness their entire business could collapse into itself and they'll have nothing left.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except if they aren't careful about their laxness their entire business could collapse into itself and they'll have nothing left.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked my first reply better anyway.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In return, every year 2p2 will nominate a representative to go to your annual pow-wow. Also he will cut his hair into a Mowhawk. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please to be nominee...I've already cut my hair...all three of 'em.

Edit: I agree with you Schneids. Maybe not allow "opt out" on databases too. They helped identify tournament troubles too.

gg
Old 10-21-2007, 06:35 AM

is Cake licensed by the KGC?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Doesn't KGC have part ownership of Absolute Poker?