Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 10:51 AM

Default turn decision

SB: 60/15/1.2/35

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/20
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>

i figured a raise would charge some possible OESD and flushdraws and he wouldnt 3bet with them so i can safely fold to a reraise.

the pot is small so getting 3-6 outers to fold, in case he is bluffing, doesnt have much value. an argument for calling down.

what do you think?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: turn decision

again, cut off the action after your last action. skews replies etc.

this villain seems quite aggressive. I would just call down and let him keep betting his cheese for me, especially since I wouldn't feel comfortable folding to a 3bet from this guy.

but maybe I'm just saying that because I know he likely had a very weak hand here based on his turn action.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Any reads on villain?

Against an unknown I would not raise turn. He could bet a draw, but could have a whole lot of other hands as well. I don't like to raise-fold weak make hands HU on turn, I rather take them to SD for the same amount.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:37 PM

I think the raise is OK since he could be betting a draw or 87.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the raise is OK since he could be betting a draw or 87.

[/ QUOTE ] You can't raise just becuase there is a possibility he's betting a draw. You must base your decision on the probability that he has a draw rather than hand that beats you. I would want some good reads to be sure enough that villain has a draw to raise here. It's always hard to interpret donks like this and why build the pot with a weak vunarble hand that easily could be beat already or be outdrawn on the river?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the pot is small so getting 3-6 outers to fold, in case he is bluffing, doesnt have much value. an argument for calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will call with his 3-6 outers, so this is an additional argument for raising.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like to raise-fold weak make hands HU on turn

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3-bet will very rarely be a bluff, since the donk is a set up when he has a 3-betting hand and it is usually a very strong one. When bluffing he will C/R. So raise folding has the same EV as calling down.

[ QUOTE ]
It's always hard to interpret donks like this and why build the pot with a weak vunarble hand that easily could be beat already or be outdrawn on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fear of being outdrawn is a reason for raising, not calling.

It is probably close, but i favor raising. The only hand I'm really worried about is a weak K and the fact that he will C/F some of his weaker holdings on the river makes me favor a raise.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A 3-bet will very rarely be a bluff, since the donk is a set up when he has a 3-betting hand and it is usually a very strong one. When bluffing he will C/R. So raise folding has the same EV as calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder where you get all that information about what this donk means? And could you please explain how you calculate EV fo a call and a raise here?

[ QUOTE ]
Fear of being outdrawn is a reason for raising, not calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you didn't read what you quoted, because I said that our hand could be beat or be outdrawn not only outdrawn. If we're sure he has a draw off course we raise. In general I think your reasoning seems to be based on reads we don't have.