Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 PM

Default Re: 89s and I\'m ascared.

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said bet / call: that's usually the best way to win the least and lose the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this specific situation. In this spot, checking and calling is the line that will win the least and lose the most. I think youre underestimating how often a typical player is raising with a weak holding on the turn, and if we check the river he'll gladly check it down all those times he's beat, but if he does have a better hand he'll certainly bet. This is why I think bet/call is the best line in this situation.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said bet / call: that's usually the best way to win the least and lose the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in this specific situation. In this spot, checking and calling is the line that will win the least and lose the most. I think youre underestimating how often a typical player is raising with a weak holding on the turn, and if we check the river he'll gladly check it down all those times he's beat, but if he does have a better hand he'll certainly bet. This is why I think bet/call is the best line in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]What is he raising on the river that we beat though? I'm not saying that this line is wrong I just hate the idea of calling a raise, and I think he will bet anything that he would have called a donk with.
edit: well not ANYTHING, but almost anything and he could also bet with a hand that he would fold to a bet with.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]What is he raising on the river that we beat though? I'm not saying that this line is wrong I just hate the idea of calling a raise, and I think he will bet anything that he would have called a donk with.
edit: well not ANYTHING, but almost anything and he could also bet with a hand that he would fold to a bet with.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your read is correct then bet/calling the river is clearly a mistake, but I dont feel the same way as you do about this opponents betting range. I dont believe the villain will bet anything he will call a donk with. For example, if we check this river, I dont see him betting some lower pair, but if this is the case, then check/calling is clearly better then bet/calling, but I suspect you are overestimating his betting range when you check this river.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 AM

Over how many hands are these stats?
I agree that villain`s line looks scary although he seems aggro enough postflop to make the river a b/c.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 AM

I`d like to get more input on preflop cause the fact that I would often play it the same may be the reason why I suck so much in the SB.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:32 AM

I would c/r river. Villain's line is an overpair a lot.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM

I'm surprised nobody has suggested a turn 3-bet yet!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain seems tight preflop but wouldn`t he 3-bet TT+?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain seems tight preflop but wouldn`t he 3-bet TT+?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'm retarded. I thought Button checked behind flop and raised the turn. As is I probably check/call the river. :|
Old 06-26-2006, 11:41 AM

yes id lean towards ilovepokers line (like always) now that ive though about it..
but someone mentioned 3bet turn and im thinking yeah why not we have TP and FD? thoughts on that? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (villain is pretty agressive 3)