Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Default 10-25 PLO Standard?

3 handed Live 10-25 PLO. Fairly loose game before flop and solid post-flop. Lots of 50 dollar straddles and 200 preflop. I have only been there a few hours, but both villians are fairly good players.

SB Stack: $900
BB Stack: $2800
Hero Stack: $7000

I look down and see J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I raise on the button to 100. Both call.

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot $300.. SB Bets 300. BB Calls 300. Hero Calls 300 (is calling correct here? I have a straight draw, but not much else- or should I even be raising here to isolate)

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot $900. SB Checks. BB Bets $900. I raise the pot. SB calls his remaining 500. BB calls with his remaining 1400.

Total Pot $6500.00

Did I play this hand fairly well and standard?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: 10-25 PLO Standard?

perfect, never raise flop there
Old 03-31-2007, 03:59 PM

allin on the flop is very bad for you, since you are behind any type of flush draw. peeling is good, since you have a 3card upper straight draw and position. Its best to see the turn for cheap. Even if you could isolate the SB, you wouldnt be making much because the pot is small and you are behind anyhow...

-Jason
Old 03-31-2007, 05:26 PM

Raising the flop would be OK, you have a pair which may give you extra outs or put you ahead of another drawing hand. I mostly just call though in position.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Flop play seems standard. On turn I'm tempted to say you might like saving some money for river play vs. BB in position, but raise is probably safer. Maybe it will make SB fold even though you can't charge him more.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 AM

This is close. I certainly don't see anything wrong with your line here, but I usually just raise the flop. If you fold out either two pair or a flush draw, you can clean up a lot of outs, and you may get it in in a +EV situation on the outside against a naked flush draw. Also, while it's unlikely, it's definitely possible to fold out both players. The only situation where you get it in bad is in you're up against exactly a flush draw and a two pair/set hand and both of them call. If you didn't have the bottom pair (for two pair outs), I think it would be a definite call, but as is, I'd say it's a very borderline raise.