Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 12:34 AM

Default Running Away from Bad Players

So I'm playing a Prima 20/40 table and getting my poop-hole resized. It's not the greatest table, I'm picking on a 40/15/1.7 two to my right who doesn't play so bad post-flop. Rest of the table is semi-solid. Dude to my immediate left leaves and a player I know, who's usually a great fish, sits down in his seat. He's 60/20/1.0, will cold-call with about the top 25% of his hands pre-flop, re-raise the top 10% or so against a late raise. He's not all that aggressive, he just kind of floats there and wakes up at some point if he decides he likes his hand (he'll bluff with draws, but probably not less). He'll never fold his blind. I play for a few orbits, decide that this guy puts me at a huge disadvantage, and leave the table. Make sense, or am I just being silly?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Running Away from Bad Players

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing a Prima 20/40 table and getting my poop-hole resized. It's not the greatest table, I'm picking on a 40/15/1.7 two to my right who doesn't play so bad post-flop. Rest of the table is semi-solid. Dude to my immediate left leaves and a player I know, who's usually a great fish, sits down in his seat. He's 60/20/1.0, will cold-call with about the top 25% of his hands pre-flop, re-raise the top 10% or so against a late raise. He's not all that aggressive, he just kind of floats there and wakes up at some point if he decides he likes his hand (he'll bluff with draws, but probably not less). He'll never fold his blind. I play for a few orbits, decide that this guy puts me at a huge disadvantage, and leave the table. Make sense, or am I just being silly?

[/ QUOTE ]

prob a little silly, but if you're not playing well and it kinda sounds like it, then get out of the game and hope someone to his left leaves soon.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:43 AM

I think its silly. Sure I'd rather have him on my right, but having him at the table at all is going to improve my winrate. fwiw I saw you leave a couple excellent games earlier today on Party, but maybe you were just ready for a break.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-02-2006, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its silly. Sure I'd rather have him on my right, but having him at the table at all is going to improve my winrate. fwiw I saw you leave a couple excellent games earlier today on Party, but maybe you were just ready for a break.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I passed my absue tolerance when 16 bets went in after an A42 rainbow flop and my AA got cracked by KQ.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I passed my absue tolerance when 16 bets went in after an A42 rainbow flop and my AA got cracked by KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you want him to do, slowplay the implied nuts?
Old 09-02-2006, 06:21 AM

I agree with bryce, I hate cold callers. They dont make that much money themselves but they take my money. And help the TAGs behind him. Basically he [censored] up the entire table. Position on this idiot though is $$, probably atleast 5BB/100.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Position on this idiot though is $$, probably atleast 5BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is position?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Position on this idiot though is $$, probably atleast 5BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is position?

[/ QUOTE ]

sitting to his immediate left.

Surf
Old 09-02-2006, 01:11 PM

So you were sandwiched between two guys who play way too many hands? Sometimes that can work out great, because you end up with a couple of limpers whenever you're in the bb. But I can see this being a problem if the other tags habitually try to isolate the guy on your left.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:36 AM

To summarize:

You were getting gangbanged, not feeling great about it, and then on top of that wound up with a seating situation that made you feel uncomfortable, so you left.

Sounds pretty smart to me.