Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Perhaps going to LHE, old party SN, general thoughts.

zomg what?

avoid sitting with me...

this must mean my game selection blows or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If tilt is at all a factor of your problems, don't touch nl!

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I'm going to make my own tough fish vid! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2006, 08:57 PM

Had you in an old database, you were 9/2 over 45 hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nothing interesting though; one hand you won a large pot with a flopped set, and another hand you called in BB after a CO raise, two to the flop where you donked the A-high flop and folded to a raise. Looked a bit silly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Forgot to say that this was 10-handed
Old 08-29-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this must mean my game selection blows or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Compared to mine, probably. I'm a huge nit on the subject since its so easy to control and thus maximize earn.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this must mean my game selection blows or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Compared to mine, probably. I'm a huge nit on the subject since its so easy to control and thus maximize earn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's huge. I just refuse to play bad tables. If I can find four great tables I'll play them. If I can't, I'll play one or two and keep my eye out for the seat and table I want or pick up a O8 table.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:11 AM

You know David, I dont post very much and for good reasons of my own,. But let me reassure you that switching from limit to NL cant be the right answer. I have played 250k hands at party 5-10 6max and over 100k at 10-20 6 max and I have had a record -750 BB swing in a 3 week period, and thats with me carrying a winrate of 2.1 while 4 tabling. Although I understand half a million hands or even a million hands is the best way to understand your true winrate, but I am very confident that I play those games very good. And although I have had this bad streak, it still hasnt altered my goals and views for moving up to higher limits and learning the finer points of those games. I feel that if you move from limit to NL right now, you will have so much left unexplored in regards to ones ability in limit holdem. Trust me when I say this that if you are only barely playing 5-10 6 max with the majority of your play at lower levels then moving is the worst decision I believe. There is so much more to gain from limit that you can only understand and gather at higher limits once your bankroll allows you to do so. I have no history on you for notes or hands, or for that matter not much on reading your posts. So I can understand if you take what I say with a grain of salt. I think you need to have a good player tutor you or watch you play and give you some insight on whats really going on here. I also think you need to sit down in fron of poker traker and replay about 10k hands or whatever reasonable amount and with a calculator add up all the mistakes you find right away, you know pot odds situations you made bad calls you got involved preflop in a hand you should have folded like K3 or whatever. But switching I feel isnt the answer. Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:02 AM

Hi David.

I only have 500 hands on you. You lost! (despite play 23/18) Maybe you folded your BB a bit much but who knows/cares over that sample. I'm not sure about leaving Party. I've tried most of them, and with the various VIP/Sizzler/'Unmentionable' deals available, plus game selection and fish, I still think it's the best place to play.