Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 AM

Default turn trip 2s in unraised pot.

i wasn't quite sure what the best route to take in this hand was. when the turn came out, and the sb bet out, i thought that it was pretty likely he had a 2 or had been trying to c/r the flop. i figured if he had a 2, mine probably wasn't good, so i didn't want to blow up the pot on the turn with all those people still behind me. when CO raised, i figured he was probably just a [censored] with nothing special, but he was kind of putting me in a bind if sb had me beat. CO was a pretty big fish. something like 74/10/1.4. sb just sat down.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $12.15
Hero (BB): $11.60
UTG: $1.55
MP: $19.65
CO: $29.85
BTN: $8.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.60) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.35</font>, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

River: ($3.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2.00</font>, SB calls $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

Pot Size: $9.60 ($0.95 Rake)
Old 08-12-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: turn trip 2s in unraised pot.

I would raise the turn after the 1st bet. You can't just assume the worst here, he could have J with crap kicker, 4 with good kicker, PP, a huge range. By just calling here you're not getting any info from him. I would raise it to $1-1.2.

As player, lead river for about $2-$2.5.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:28 AM

jx, 4x, pp fold to a raise and only suck out on me like 1 out of 20 times though.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:30 AM

You should raise first bet on turn for value. As played this is probably optimal (i.e. if you knew CO was raising). Clearly you did not though. Maybe some value left in raising river but it's very thin.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should raise first bet on turn for value. As played this is probably optimal (i.e. if you knew CO was raising). Clearly you did not though. Maybe some value left in raising river but it's very thin.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's people behind me that i could gain value from via them making loose overcalls on the turn too, though. Jx seems more likely to call or bet on the river than to call a turn raise, doesn't it?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah not sure how much you raise the river here if you have a feeling your going to take this one down. Im pretty sure no one else has a better 2 here or they probably wouldve made some move themselves you might be able to get an extra dollar or two out of each player here by raising after the river.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah not sure how much you raise the river here if you have a feeling your going to take this one down. Im pretty sure no one else has a better 2 here or they probably wouldve made some move themselves you might be able to get an extra dollar or two out of each player here by raising after the river.

[/ QUOTE ]CO did make a strong play, there is a good chance he has a deuce with that VPIP. If we raise river it's a shove given stack size.