Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Need Help - Staking/Smoking Pot Question

[ QUOTE ]
This does not have to be an 8 page thread. The OP (I said "OP" tytyt) is asking if he should make it an issue, not whether smoking pot is good or bad for playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I interpreted him as asking whether he should make it an issue BECAUSE he was unsure of the acute effects that smoking pot has on playing poker, not whether he has the power or not as the backer to make that decision. Of course the backer can exclude anyone for any reason.

I do have to admit to being quite surprised by the number of people who admit that it has at least some negative effects. As I recall from some reading I did awhile back, acute negative effects on cognition are well established. Chronic effects of marijuana usage are debatable.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Need Help - Staking/Smoking Pot Question

[ QUOTE ]
This does not have to be an 8 page thread. The OP (I said "OP" tytyt) is asking if he should make it an issue, not whether smoking pot is good or bad for playing poker.

It is your money sir, and if it bothers you in any way that one of your players smokes pot, does cocaine, drinks orange juice, or likes the Red Sox, then you can choose to make it an issue. If his drinking orange juice or smoking pot makes u feel uncomfortable about his ability to perform, then you certainly have a right to raise the issue. The player certinaly can discuss the pros and cons with you but in the end you need to make the decision as to whether his orange juice habit is something that you are willing to accept.

I will say that forbidding him from drinking orange juice creates many issues, not the least if which being a built in excuse for the player if he should lose. Give us the power to change what we can something or other and the power to know when we someotherthing.

sheets

[/ QUOTE ]

Teach us how to stake properly please.