Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

[ QUOTE ]
"I've owned so many "top" live pros before with reverse tells it's really not that hard to do and not ridiculous to think that it would work on even the top pros. All live players put so much stock in their ability to read people and just assume some internet player can't reverse tell. I've tricked many a live player that was considered a nasty people-reader with some of the most simple reverse tells. They say something like "you look a bit nervous there" when you have the nuts and you subtly swallow/gulp. Make your hands shake while you're bluffing. There's tons of tricks and they work. I dont' know about PA or Kenny in particular but it's worked on tons of other "great live players" so I have no reason to doubt it would work on them also (or at least confuse them enough that they can't rely on your "tells" when you're playing against them)"

Ariel, I partially agree with you but for the most part live players are able to make a good assessment about the credibility of particular tells. High reliability tells relate to the adrenal response and are difficult or impossible to fake. One cannot pretend to have low adrenal levels in the body when they actually have high levels, and vice versa. Voice constriction, pupil dilation, high pulse rate, finger shaking, jaw/neck tightening, etc, are evidence of high adrenal levels (and usually a strong hand) and these things are very very difficult to fake. As a side note, some people just have a naturally muted adrenal response --- these people will find the transition to live play easier. People who have lively nerves will find the transition tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-25-2007, 06:55 PM

If live pros are so good why aren't they multitabling and crushing the online games for millions instead of playing 25/50 live and win 1/20 of the possible win online.
10 times the hand at least per hour and higher games.

"the top dogs here arent even challenging patrik on the online court where the onliners are supposed to have an edge. so what makes anyone in here think these online guys are better?"

It's not like he get any action at least HU LHE.

PA played Freedom25 HU LHE for some weeks ago and lost, Freedom thought he had an edge but that PA was tough

PA played HOSS and claimed to get the better of him but my mined hands says he got destroyed the sessions after that

TLK pretty much owned him

Erik123 is way up on him, at least the old hands I have
mined, the one guy that TLK wasn't sure he had an edge on
Old 11-25-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe, online players grind b/c they dont have any money. and live HSNL players dont play anymore b/c they are set for life.

hell there is only 1 player i see every night sitting on FT and thats Urindanger, no one will even play him. and i have seen him on TV, so i would say he is more of a live player. u guys think phil hellmuth got to where he was by playing the easy guys? no. He played w/ the best and beat them. we see him own MTTs as well in WSOP time and time again.

We saw chris ferguson play n HSP last season. never played a cash game hand in his life, but w/ reads, and good fundamental knowledge, he owned thet abel in the few hands he played (something aba didnt do).

imo there is a simple fact here: the best players are all live b/c they play with the best. and now they dont need to play anymore, b/c they have won so much money.

gg

i'd take hellmuth and fergueson over any two online "poker players" any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

just lmao at this entire post if you are being serious

edit: seriouslyt i hope i just got leveled
Old 11-25-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe, online players grind b/c they dont have any money. and live HSNL players dont play anymore b/c they are set for life.

hell there is only 1 player i see every night sitting on FT and thats Urindanger, no one will even play him. and i have seen him on TV, so i would say he is more of a live player. u guys think phil hellmuth got to where he was by playing the easy guys? no. He played w/ the best and beat them. we see him own MTTs as well in WSOP time and time again.

We saw chris ferguson play n HSP last season. never played a cash game hand in his life, but w/ reads, and good fundamental knowledge, he owned thet abel in the few hands he played (something aba didnt do).

imo there is a simple fact here: the best players are all live b/c they play with the best. and now they dont need to play anymore, b/c they have won so much money.

gg

i'd take hellmuth and fergueson over any two online "poker players" any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

just lmao at this entire post if you are being serious

edit: seriouslyt i hope i just got leveled

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry CTS, there's no shame in getting levelled by john voight.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 PM

yea, even the best fall victim to me
Old 11-25-2007, 07:32 PM

got me too lol, nicely executed trap.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:33 PM

I cant believe this post got this much attention. Of course the live guys would beat the internet guys in live, deep nlhe. The online guys have little to no experience playing under those circumstances. There is also the issue of tilt control, since its a lot harder to get it back live since the hands dont come out nearly as fast, and a lot of internet guys cant deal with that.

Kenny's comment about interent players not being able to lay down a hand is probably true. I've played a lot of live poker and a lot of poker online, and no question I call down much lighter online. There is a reason for it, its not just random senseless calling. Its a lot easier for the guy on the other side of the computer to click all in on the river after he missed his draw than it is to look somebody in the face and move in on a bluff. The games have always played more aggresively with more showdowns because psychologically its just a different game and there is more bluffing going on which leads to more calling.

One thing is for sure, you hear a lot more horror stories of live pros getting busted apart online than you do internet guys going broke playing live. The games have always been much tougher online. A random online 15-30 limit game is probably tougher than most any live 100-200 game going right now. A game as small as 5-10 nl probably plays as tough as a 50-100 live game. I think the players tend to be better because the online guys play more hands, study harder, and are constantly talking poker with other great players, due to sitting in front of the computer all day.

Im not trying to take anything away from the best live players, I think the guys who are saying it would be easy for an online guy to come in and pick up the same tells as a top player are being ridiculous. Thats years of practice, and some of the best players, like Kenny, probably have a gift that 99.9% of other players could never catch up with no matter how hard they work. But I'm fairly sure the best online players have a better fundemental understanding of the game and its concepts, and are probably better on a level playing field.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:40 PM

im not sure why people are still discussing this.

PA is the guy that everyone on here worships and takes his word as if it's the word of God.

He finally spoke about this and now you all ignore it, say he's "joking", or blame it on David.

Most of you are in denial.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If live pros are so good why aren't they multitabling and crushing the online games for millions instead of playing 25/50 live and win 1/20 of the possible win online.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because the reason they are so good live is the nature of the game. are you really this dumb?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because the reason they are so good live is the nature of the game. are you really this dumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably the one dumb.
You think the nature of live and online game is that different? It is the same game with a small difference that comes with sitting and watching each other.

Ever heard of an top notch NHL player player or any other world class athlete competing in the third division with 1/20 of the pay, didn't think so.