Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

well it looks like this argument is finally over with.

Funny how so many people on here are defensive.

You guys cherish everything PA does and when he says this, you cry about David and say that it must be a joke.

my god, have some respect for yourselves.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is seriously ridiculous to think that the top online pros would not be able to adjust to a full ring game well enough to have a good edge against most of the live pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is really what it comes down to. it's absolutely absurd to assume that the likes of genius28, aba, durr, urindanger, etc would not be able to adjust to a full ring deep live game against the best live players. sure right now they might not be as good because don't have much experience.

also i agree with the sentiment that who cares because live poker is retarded and david sklansky is a creepy weirdo.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: Regarding the very big, live game, full table NLH games, how many players who are, or were, considered mainly internet players, would be among the top twenty best players, playing that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the way this question is phrased. You are basically asking if any of the regular winners in the live game are mainly internet players. It's very hard to be both (and I don't mean skill wise). The top winners online generally keep playing online, especially now that there are very high stakes games online. They would have to move to Vegas to become mainly live players.

Guys like SBrugby, OMGClayAiken, etc. would obviously be winners at the Venetian (if they were invited) or at Bobby's room (if it was NL only).
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 PM

lol @ David trying to increase web hits
Old 11-24-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to post in this thread even though I'm not going to read it.

I'll be god damned if I'm not one of the top 100 NLHE poker players in the world, and I'm probably not one of the top 50 internet players.

I'll also be damned if even half of the top 20 are live players, or if ANY of the top 20 NLHE shorthanded players are live players.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 PM

This seems like such a strange debate to me. Isn't it safe to assume that many internet greats would have a hard time adjusting to the live Big Games (and that many live pros would have a hard time dominating the big internet games), and that many wouldn't (and vice versa)? Why bother dividing everyone into some kind of gene pool areas?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:06 PM

There Is No Need To Write Like This In My Opinion, Also Lol At Trying To Get Some Attention In The Interwebz.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's telling is the "name" live players never seem to allow easy access to the games for the online guys. At least, that's my experience when trying to get into private LHE games I've never once been given a chance to play in. From what I hear of the NL guys, the story is pretty similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its because they are afraid. I'll play virtually any of them HU LHE (probably not PA though, I think his game is actually a good counter to mine and not sure if I'd have an edge there). The rest of those live [censored] likely suck as much as DB does. So bring it
Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM

The question was worded so as to illicite that response from PA as no big internet players play in that game so obviously the answer is zero.

I do however think there is some merit to the online players doing what Sklansky is suggesting and playing live in these games, sure it wont prove who is the best because of the small sample size but im sure the live players will have a lot more respect once they play with the top online pros in a live setting. You dont have to play a million hands with a guy to tell whether hes good or not, it all depends how much the online pros care about what the live guys think, i think they probably do care though.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
serious question: do you guys masturbate while looking in the mirror?

[/ QUOTE ]

is this abnormal or something?