FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

I would think that would be +EV
Old 10-24-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LT22, I think this is absolutely spot on and rarely said.

The implication of what you are saying is quite profound - I lose a fortune trying to win non-s/d hands as I know postflop is so important and that just sitting there waiting for my value hands isn't "real poker". Of course, that's bloody retarded. I've come to realise in recent months that uNL is a special kind of poker game with it's own rules on how to beat it - and most of those rules are not found in Sklansky (unless Sklansky has suddenly become an expert on Italian TAGFish calling preflop 3b's with T7o).

Edit to add: Derosnec (I think it was him) posted recently that he got raised only 7 times that day. That says it all. If I folded each of those 7 times, my wr would probably double.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go through all the hands of my play since I moved up to NL50 3 weeks ago and sort out the hands where I have been raised and not folded.....I literally would guess there are like 15 buyins or so of spew

I will post a spreadsheet figure to show how much I've lost over the last couple weeks due to bad bluffs/thinking people are bluffing.

However, I do think it is possible to win for a pretty good clip in non showdown pots, you need to be doing it vs the right villains.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a question:

A friend is offering me a bet:
He says that he will play 10 4$ 160-players SnGs at Stars and will come Top3 in one of the 10.

He normally plays NL10, he's winning at NL10.

What do you think? Should I accept the bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take that bet.. if he's good and doesn't get sucked out on he'll be lucky to final table 2, and top 3 is a lot harder than final table.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been stuck at work for 4 days and im having poker withdrawal. ready to grind out some hands and own the newbs.

plz god let me run goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What industry is your job in, Diceman? IT?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

God, does anyone ever have one of those days where the wheels just come off? I feel as if I've been playing better at .25/.50 on Stars...and yesterday, welll I just became a huge tilt/spewbox. Any suggestions on how not to revert to a knuckle dragging donkey? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God, does anyone ever have one of those days where the wheels just come off? I feel as if I've been playing better at .25/.50 on Stars...and yesterday, welll I just became a huge tilt/spewbox. Any suggestions on how not to revert to a knuckle dragging donkey? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem, so as for suggestions I normally notice the difference most when I'm either tired, or distracted by something else going on in my life. I've made it a firm policy that I will no longer play either tired or when I know I will not be able to focus...

The other thing I did was install a firm stoploss policy. If I lose 3 buyin's, I'm done. Too many times I've taken a break from losing that money, thought I was ok and then tilted off 4 more when something stupid happens.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've been stuck at work for 4 days and im having poker withdrawal. ready to grind out some hands and own the newbs.

plz god let me run goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What industry is your job in, Diceman? IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes sir, is my nerdiness that apparent? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 06:59 PM

these put a smile on my face and warm my soul.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $50
CO: $56.35
Hero (BTN): $54.95
SB: $137.30
BB: $29.65

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

Flop: ($4.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, SB calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $11</font>, SB calls $11

River: ($33.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $38.45 and is All-In</font>, SB calls $38.45

Results: $110.40 Pot ($2 Rake)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Kings) and LOST (-$54.95 NET)
SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a full house, Kings full of Jacks) and WON $108.40 (+$53.45 NET)
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

God im so tilted, 24 hour break is in order.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go through all the hands of my play since I moved up to NL50 3 weeks ago and sort out the hands where I have been raised and not folded.....I literally would guess there are like 15 buyins or so of spew

I will post a spreadsheet figure to show how much I've lost over the last couple weeks due to bad bluffs/thinking people are bluffing.

However, I do think it is possible to win for a pretty good clip in non showdown pots, you need to be doing it vs the right villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this analysis is that all this spew generates how much money afterwards?? It is really hard to quantify it but generally if I loose BIs with spews at the start of a session, it will be a super session. If i loose BIs with set under set It will not be a profitable session...
Closed Thread