Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games

Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Brace on my wrist TURBO

Truth is you made a mistake in killing me. I said earlier in the game I always lose final 3s while drunk, and probably would of lost this one too.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Not killing drunk people should be the #1 rule of wolfing, imsnho
Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is you made a mistake in killing me. I said earlier in the game I always lose final 3s while drunk, and probably would of lost this one too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats entirely possible.

After what happened the 2nd to last day, all I could think about was "Chuck is %100 clear so I should kill him"- but Chim was pretty much equally clear and he had it out for me.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u care way too much about your seer meta

[/ QUOTE ]

its still a work in progess
Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u care way too much about your seer meta

[/ QUOTE ]
well to be fair I did ask him [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think this kind of metagame has seriously diminishing returns; leaving seer hints as a villager is pretty standard. I think the more you expect the village to treat your hints as real peeks it starts losing EV. (Not saying/thinking you do this)

For example you may be able to reliably read some people as a villager in day one. But then it becomes more unlikely you would actually peek these people as the seer.

So to counter that, eventually you have to say you have a read on someone you can't read well -> this leads to being wrong on your hints more often -> less effective seer-meta.

I think it's pretty hard to stay ahead of the curve here, but looks like you're doing a good job of it thanks to your good reads
Old 11-30-2007, 06:04 PM

Fmx, you make a good point.

One thing I try and do is wait for someone villagery enough to fake with, and if no one is acting villagery enough then I'll say "my peek isn't acting villagery so I can't clear him" Then later when someone acts more villagery I do it. It isn't really hard to find 1 villager on D1.

And in general I think too many people put too much emphasis on wolf hunting, and not enough on clearing villagers and using process of elimination to find wolves.

And the other day I peeked Mets d1 who I read fairly well. I'm not really THAT concerned with peeking people I can't read though, because countless people that I've cleared have gotten lynched anyways (and sometimes rightly so).

I'd rather just peek someone who isn't likely to get lynched early regardless of how well I read them.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:06 PM

tbh when I hunt seers I don't even look at their "peeks"

so continue to fake peek, it doesn't matter as much as you think. I mean essentially, you could just say "i think x is a villager" whether you're village or seer and it's exactly the same thing, so it's not like this is very revolutionary
Old 11-30-2007, 06:13 PM

yeah Traz, I understand how you operate.

But you probably aren't going to be hunting someone who has flip flopped around on everybody in the game either. One obviously doesn't need to announce "i am the seer" to fake seer, but one should at least be consistent and to try and make their peeks fit and make sense with their posts and the game, and a lot of people dont do that which hurts the village.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM

ja that's also true.

I don't really think about it because like you say, it's pretty easy to find 2 villagers within the first couple minutes, so as long as you say you think they're villagers and roll with it, it's fine.

I guess i've always done that though...i've always advocated posting as if you're 100% confident, even if you're unsure. If you end up wrong then you end up wrong, but there's really not alot of reason to voice confusion (unless it's a critical decision and people are really relying on your honest thoughts).
Old 11-30-2007, 06:38 PM

I'll say this much ... from now on, I don't care how much it detracts from me playing the game, I'm keeping my own damn vote count.

Not knowing, I was left having to guess which of AJ and Jgunnip had more votes, so I could get on them to save myself. Having voted for Jgun first, then switching to AJ, when I tried to switch back to Jgun I got a "post already exists" error message, and then night hit so I couldn't get my switch through or outright claim.

I thought my chim seer peek hint was pretty good, but I guess it was just a bit too subtle. I took extra care to make my mets and dustin reads look like exactly that, reads. (Boy was I wrong on dustin.)

Meh, basically, I thought I played pretty well for a change and never expected to get wagoned there, which threw me.