Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: durrr discovers cheating at WPT foxwoods FT

I was sitting in reserved seating in the crowd. Durrr noticed "something" with a card that made it marked. After the looked through the deck, they found that 2 of the Aces had been somehow bent. There were no outside markers involved, although considering it was 2 Aces, they were obviously marked on purpose. Although, the atmosphere continued as friendly as it had been since the first hand and continued that way, even as Durrr got repeatedly [censored] I might add.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I find marked aces all the time in every 10k event I play.. its sick. Ive started covering my cards with both hands as soon as I get them.

In fallsview it was so bad I could do a 2 card shuffle with my cards and tell if I had an ace based on how well they shuffled against the felt before I looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't completely surprise me.
In only my 2nd live tournament, a prelim event at the 2005 WSOP, I received a card with a nail-mark on the back and knew it was an ace before I even looked at it.
After folding my A2o UTG I alerted the dealer to it but since I was so new to live-poker I had no idea what I was supposed to do.
Dealer said that many of the cards had marks and if I really wanted to I could ask for a new set-up.
I figured others at the table would want a set-up but nobody seemed concerned about it including the 2 former main-event winners at the table. I let it drop because I figured that if it was a big deal somebody else would have spoken up for a set-up also.
Obviously no idea if the mark happend at the table or not but I noticed it pretty quickly and wasn't even looking for marks.

The suggestion to cover up as much of your cards as you can is probably a good one for many events.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 AM

I played in this event and on day 1 my table had FOUR deck changes due to marks on the cards. I made a big deal to the floor about looking over the tapes to see who was doing it but that went nowhere. It's so sick, the 4th time it was caught by the dealer at a break noticing that 3 of the aces had been marked
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 AM

sorry if it's been said, but what type of cards are they using? i play at a buddy's house every tuesday, and last week someone noticed that a deck had all the aces marked. (slight bump/dent) we looked at the other one, and the aces were all marked in the same fashion. they were copags (this may not be relevant though cuz idk what type of cards they use at WPT final tables)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry if it's been said, but what type of cards are they using? i play at a buddy's house every tuesday, and last week someone noticed that a deck had all the aces marked. (slight bump/dent) we looked at the other one, and the aces were all marked in the same fashion. they were copags (this may not be relevant though cuz idk what type of cards they use at WPT final tables)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think they come packaged that way?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 AM

I have a brilliant cheating strategy, though I'm not smart enough to figure out the mats. Anyways, you have a substance on the bottom of your card protector that you stamp aces with. The substance can only be seen through your special sunglasses. But with my limited knowledge of things, i could only think of marking it with my own sperm and having UV lights in my glasses. I'll run a few tests on my sheets first.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On, the bright side, I'm sure poker is well on it's way to being legalized and open. With scott tom and absolute, the wcoop being a multi-accounter, and rigged decks in WPT final tables, we are well on our way. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

gripping insight
Old 11-14-2007, 04:22 AM

Just use a where's george rubber stamp as your card protector, and stamp ink on the backs of the aces even after everyone notices. Seems like it's that easy.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i mean it's possible for a shipment or two to be defective, no matter what the product
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol seriously wtf?