Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

to the people who have actually spoken to security reps at Absolute:

do you think its possible they really are dumb enough to be ignorant of the superuser scandals?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if AP is so willing to do this i think they are pretty confident, for one reason or another, that the auditors will "find" nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

I.E. AP probably already purged their system of any damning evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]
I guarantee I could find a fair amount of evidence if it's out there. I won't say how, but anyone who has been involved in this and has seen the excel file can probably figure out what I mean. And it doesn't matter what they delete, it would just reduce the amount of info I would find.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:23 AM

re: the legitimacy of the auditors.

They claim "Our staff includes the only interactive gaming consultant in the world recognised as sufficiently expert to be summonsed as a witness before the 1999 Australian Senate Select Committee into Australia's Online Gambling Industries"
Source: http://www.gamingassociates.com/Pages/aboutus.aspx

The list of witnesses to that inquiry is online at http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committ...report/e04.pdf

1) There was no organisation called "Gaming Associates" to be represented in those hearings.

The closest options are:
Global Gaming Services Pty Ltd
WWWagering and Gaming Consultants Pty Ltd
eBet Ltd

2) All three groups spoke in Sydney; the transcript is available online at http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/senate/commttee/s2663.pdf

I'll read #2 soon.

[ QUOTE ]
from the GamingAssociates website:

Gaming Associates is the exclusive technical consulting organisation to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. We are the Accredited Test Facility* (ATF) for the Commission, providing technical services in relation to all systems assurance. If you have any questions then please contact the Commission or our Kahnawake Project Manager at kgc@gamingassociates.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if AP is so willing to do this i think they are pretty confident, for one reason or another, that the auditors will "find" nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

I.E. AP probably already purged their system of any damning evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry guys but abso has been so incompetent in this whole matter that I doubt they'd know what to cover up

why does them going through with an audit matter at all? If the audit turns up nothing, we know they would have wiped evidence from their system before the audit commenced.

If the audit turns up nothing(99.9% chance obv otherwise they wouldnt do it), it changes nothing, we still know they cheated.

If anything this audit is a bad development because an audit showing Absolute as "clean" would give their denials more legitimacy when we have already proved they are BS
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from the GamingAssociates website:

Gaming Associates is the exclusive technical consulting organisation to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. We are the Accredited Test Facility* (ATF) for the Commission, providing technical services in relation to all systems assurance. If you have any questions then please contact the Commission or our Kahnawake Project Manager at kgc@gamingassociates.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 AM

According to Kahnawake's "regulations" page, Gaming Associates should already be completing monthly audits of AP.

I also emailed them (Gamingassociates.com) like 12 hours ago about this and haven't seen any sort of response yet.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Absolute Poker reserves the right to pursue any and all remedies whether in law or equitable which may procure to it as a result of any unlawful and injurious actions taken by any individuals who may have falsified any information, documents, files, or have by other means attempted to disparage and/or harm Absolute Poker, its Players, its current or former management, employees, business partners or affiliates."

[/ QUOTE ]
An equitable remedy is a remedy under common law. A remedy under law would be under a statute.

It's just legal crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, but it's still clear that that section (maybe the whole thing) was either written by someone not too knowledgeable about English ('equitable' is still in the wrong form and 'procure' is totally wrong), or that it was put together in a hurry.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Closed Thread