Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Ask a College Basketball Coach

[ QUOTE ]

Whats the best camp you've ever been to? I'm talking coaches camps here; I know my high school coach went to a Calvin Sampson camp back when he was at OK, a

[/ QUOTE ]

frickin Kelvin Sampson, and youre from Indiana? wtf
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Whats the best camp you've ever been to? I'm talking coaches camps here; I know my high school coach went to a Calvin Sampson camp back when he was at OK, a

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

completely hate Indiana basketball for the past 7 years, don't pay any attention to it, except to laugh at their failures.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

completely hate Indiana basketball for the past 7 years, don't pay any attention to it, except to laugh at their failures.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, youre one of those
really failing right now, top 10 preseason
Old 10-09-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, youre one of those

[/ QUOTE ]

yea pretty awesome last few years, they made it to the finals that one time! fwiw sampson is an [censored] anyways, i've had three different people tell me that, and by the time i get that many people that i trust telling me that i take it for gospel. he's nice and scummy too, he'll probably last 5 years and leave 'em with sanctions, i cant' imagine it ending any other way.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, youre one of those

[/ QUOTE ]

yea pretty awesome last few years, they made it to the finals that one time! fwiw sampson is an [censored] anyways, i've had three different people tell me that, and by the time i get that many people that i trust telling me that i take it for gospel. he's nice and scummy too, he'll probably last 5 years and leave 'em with sanctions, i cant' imagine it ending any other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always find people to say that sort of stuff about anyone, just like many people would say it about you. He's doing everything right at IU and thats all that matters, hauling in a top 10 class for this year and this next year may be the same thing if Zeller comes, will be close even if he doesnt.

and yeah obv the years with Davis sucked, do you think you got me with that first line. lol, actually though I was a soph at IU the year we went to the finals and it was a great great time for all students, I still watch the Duke victory highlights on my ipod every few months at at the poker table.

I would bet a large amount that Sampson is employed at IU for longer than 5 years
Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 PM

Casper,

What are your teams staple plays on offense? Do you call any plays? What % of the time is a play called on offense?
Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this Casper.

I'm on club team at my college which is moderately competitive (practices 2x week, different local and occasionally national tourneys on weekends). I'm unsure of what kind of weightlifting regimen I could do that would maximize results and not take too much of a toll on my body.

Are you familiar with your team's in season workout regimen? Could you give a sample week, or maybe just some general important exercises (squat, clean, etc)?

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not familiar with the specifics of their workout, but I do believe (again, not sure) that their offseason training is more specialized each day and focuses more on gaining. The inseason training is mostly circuits and muscle endurance.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much do you think the shoe companies are controlling/influencing recruiting at the highest level?

[/ QUOTE ]they are influential in keeping AAU around, so they are indirectly involved with everybody. As for the base of your question though, the cases of them "controlling/influencing" the recruiting process of specific players have been few and far between, although it may be getting worse.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think all levels of American basketball (college, professional, and international) would be be better served if college basketball adopted the 3-year rule like football.

[/ QUOTE ]I think the leagues would be better off, but not the players.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should the 3-point arc be moved back in college? Even if it is to the International Range?

[/ QUOTE ]yes, and it gets moved back next year 3 inches or something...not enough imo...I say move it back halfway between NCAA and NBA- I think we'd have less players mistakenly thinking they could make the jump.