Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Week 10 AFC Power Rankings

bills have a better record than the bengals and whupped them pretty good.

same records and jags (w/o garrad) convincingly beat the titans.

[censored] dvo
Old 11-13-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bills have a better record than the bengals and whupped them pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bills took the lead with 6 minutes left in the game. Much closer than score showed. Also, game was in Buffalo. And lol at using records. I'm not even going to try and respond to that.

[ QUOTE ]

same records and jags (w/o garrad) convincingly beat the titans.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Titans beat the Jags IN Jax WITH garrard. Even if Scobee had been healthy, and Jags win in OT, it's a very close game. They're pretty comparable teams.

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] dvo

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:51 PM

Jets too high, imo.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jets too high, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of me is afraid to watch the Pats play the Jets week 15. Really afraid. Maybe Belicheck should just sit Brady and have Cassel run up the score instead.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 PM

I'd take the Browns over the Titans and the Jags.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take the Browns over the Titans and the Jags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting thought, but no need to get all crazy up in this joint.

Nothing really says Cleveland should be higher than either of those teams. DVOA, pure records, relative MOV.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 PM

re: the Colts

the defense played great this week, yes. but, that offense is very one dimensional, and if you can take away LT2 you can have success against them. Rivers looks l-o-s-t against good defenses.

the offense weirdly played well enough to win. Manning threw some bad balls, but in the 2nd half it seems they were moving the ball just fine.

the special teams were awful, and I don't think that's going to get much better. The Colts have structured a team filled with guys to fit their exact offensive and defensive schemes, and perhaps this doesn't fit in too well with Special Teams. in addition, it's a very top heavy team, salary wise. those scrap heap type guys at the bottom of the roster are likely getting killed in special teams duty.

I said this before, but that Freeney injury kills. if they can't get pressure with the front 4, the whole defense takes a huge hit. fortunately for them, the schedule is very easy down the stretch, so it shouldn't matter too much as long as the Freeney injury isn't season ending.

I still think the Colts are the favorite to get the #2, provided the non-Freeney guys come back soon. The Steelers still have to play the Patriots, and the Colts are way better than everyone else.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:29 PM

Bills are better than the Bengals and Jax > Tenn.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 PM

On the Jags - Titans debate. Yeah, Jags were without Garrard, Scobee and Stroud, but the Titans were missing Haynesworth. I noted earlier that Bob Sanders is the single most important man on a defense. I still feel that way, but the Titans without Haynesworth have a huge liability up the middle. He is such a dominant player that not having him allows for the LB's to get hit far more often.

Like earlier in the season how we had Pats and Colts 1a and 1b, I think the Jags and Titans are 4a and 4b. Vince Young looked atrocious, yes, but the good news is he couldn't play much worse than he did on Sunday. Teams are going to do exactly what JAX did yesterday and that is put 9-10 players in the box and make VY beat them. Justin Gage was a good enough receiver to get separation on occasion against two of the better corners in the league.

If you want, put the Browns at 4 c as well. I don't think any of those teams right now are above the other. Not to mention the Jaguars and Titans have arguably the toughest closing schedule out of any of the playoff contenders, the WC could very easily be Browns and Jags/Titans.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:01 PM

A question I have as well; where are the Ravens today if they had skipped signing McNair and kept Derek Anderson? Would you say we are talking about the Ravens as a potential WC and not the Browns instead? Cause I have to say DA is doing something right because I doubt teams fear Jamal Lewis, I know Braylon Edwards is having an outstanding year as well, but was DA the catalyst to that team?