Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Week 10 AFC Power Rankings

Haven't seen these go up recently, so thought I'd do mine. These aren't like PokerFink's. I'm using a combination of a team's record, how a team has played, and how I expect them to play presently.

1) Pats - When the books have you giving up 15 points on the road to a 5-4 team with a good defense, and people nod their heads and go "about what I expected", you're a pretty good team.

2) Colts - The Colts played about as bad as...no wait, worse than you thought they possibly could, on the road, against a probable playoff team, and still had a chance to win it with a 29-yard FG. When and if this team gets healthy, they are still by far the second best team in the league.

3) Steelers - You know what would be neat from this team? Consistency. When this team is playing well, they could give the Pats and Colts a run for their money (that is until Brady decides to just bomb one to Moss for kicks). When this team isn't playing well. Stuff like losses to the Cardinals and Broncos, and the entire first half of the Browns game happen. This team was #1 in DVOA variance going into Week 10.

4) Titans - I'm gonna get "needled" for this. I think it's a tossup with the #5 team. Great defense, not-so-great offense. I haven't seen much of the Titans this year, so I'm only going by last week's DVOA and this week's relative MOV.

5) Jaguars - Once again, haven't paid much attention to the Jags either. I'm kinda surprised their offense is as good as it is, and as surprised their defense is as bad as it is. Figured it would be the other way around. The Jags have 2 very difficult road games (Colts/Steelers) left, but they have 5 very winnable games left. 11-5 isn't a stretch, but I think 10-6 is more likely.

6. Chargers - This team was 14-2 last year. Wasn't sure if you guys knew that. This team is talented enough to be at the top, yet with road games against Jax, Tenn and KC, I'm not entirely convinced they'll make the playoffs.

The rest for now...

7. Browns
8. Bengals
9. Bills
10. Texans
11. Broncos
12. Chiefs
13. Ravens
14. Dolphins
15. Raiders
16. Jets
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Week 10 AFC Power Rankings

If the Chargers don't make the playoffs, then who in that division does? The Chargers will be in even if they finish 8-8.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM

bills>bengals. this should be quite clear.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:24 PM

also cant see how titans are better than jags.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) Colts - The Colts played about as bad as...no wait, worse than you thought they possibly could, on the road, against a probable playoff team, and still had a chance to win it with a 29-yard FG. When and if this team gets healthy, they are still by far the second best team in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not quite true. Our offense and special teams did play worse than I thought possible, but our defense played absolutely incredibly amazing.

With these injuries (and having the tiebreaker) I think the Steelers are the favorites to get a bye and that probably means they have a better shot at a Super Bowl as well. Sucks but [censored] happens.

I also strongly disagree with putting the Titans ahead of the Jaguars but if you don't watch either team much then it might be hard to know.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bills>bengals. this should be quite clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close. I think they're pretty much exact opposites. They probably should be 8.5, but I put the Bengals ahead of them to create discussion.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:28 PM

I'd probably put the Browns higher than 7, but that's mostly because they're explosive on offense and fun to watch (imo -- and I think they'll finish with a better record than the Chargers). And I'd probably switch the Bengals and the Bills.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also cant see how titans are better than jags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, probably could be tied for fourth. Since I haven't seen them play at all this year, I put Tenn first because I assume they'll be ahead in DVOA.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the Chargers don't make the playoffs, then who in that division does? The Chargers will be in even if they finish 8-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

If no team in the division gets to 8 wins, I think they should have the Browns/Titans/Jags get in.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

I could see switching SD and Cle btw, but I gotta give the edge to the team who failed at choking away their game against a powerhouse.