Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-14-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: does anyone else think nvg and bbv are just stains on 2+2?

um, what. if you want to delete drug talk and illegal music go ahead. but most everything else is fine.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 AM

from my understanding then, we should pretty much keep NVG and BBV4lfe the way they are. Just continue to mod them to remove the lowest quality stuff but still allow almost anything goes to increase page views and attract as many posters as possible. Looks like things are working out well then and are right on track. It doesnt really seem as if the drop-off in quality posts and respectable posters has hurt the numbers. Maybe protect name posters from the stupid crap to encourage them to post more, which we already do dont we? In any case, if mods have a problem with keeping these fora around in their current states then too bad, its a business and not your personal playground.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM

i was harsh in my op.

these forums do have good threads. i like reading great photoshop threads, goofyballer+girl trip reports, good 300/600 sweat threads, etc.

it's just that there is a LOT of crap too, and even the best threads get bogged down by guys with 10 posts trying to be hilarious.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even the best threads get bogged down by guys with 10 posts trying to be hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is the biggest problem. I'll guess that a lot of the sub-10 post idiots are guys who have been banned before. Most people do not start their 2+2 posting career in the off-topic forums. I think I had close to 1k posts strat posts before I ventured out into the rest of the site.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people do not start their 2+2 posting career in the off-topic forums. I think I had close to 1k posts strat posts before I ventured out into the rest of the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do now. I have met countless people in the past year in real life who have never even visited one of the strat forums and dont care to, its not what they like about 2+2. They are fanboys first and last, they just want a place to say whatever they want to say.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll guess that a lot of the sub-10 post idiots are guys who have been banned before.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM

Cit,

I'd be interested in hearing why you don't like that plan.

Everybody,

It's my opinion that NVG is broken, but I'm having a hard time finding the time to make the longish post explaining why. Mostly I think it can be a lot better, and a value add for the site, but not in it's current state. This is mostly coming from a premise that suggests that quality content is more important than raw hits.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:55 PM

btw

[ QUOTE ]
- I keep meaning to ask somebody to remove me as a mod from NVG and then getting lazy and forgetting. So like, do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFDM
Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In terms of the magazine tie-in for the "News" forum.
I'm talking something as simple as putting it in the sidebar under the magazine I think that kinda co-signs it as real important news and not just NVG part 2. If you take away NVG and replace it in the same spot with "News" nothing changes and Todd Brunson still cries. Moving it is a way to underscore that we're really looking for a change to a more srs bns type of forum.
It's also something that Dynasty could use for those items that can't wait for the next issue of the mag.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think that if Dynasty buys into what I'm suggesting, he might be a good News mod, but that's a huge if. Mostly I think the news mod would need to be pretty active and available. The best person for this job is really going to be the person who is invested enough to want the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pure news forum could work. Breaking up the serious threads and the goofy threads could create two valuable forums.

I have spoken with Mason more than once about the Magazine being more proactive with news reporting. But, nothing has ever come out of it. We even had press credentials for last year's WSOP and made little use of them.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 AM

after thinking about this for a few days, i think that a railbird forum is a really good idea.