Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Jose Guillen = Roids. (Allegedly.)

According to Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams of the San Francisco Chronicle, Jose Guillen "bought thousands of dollars of steroids and human growth hormone" from the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center between May of 2002 and June of 2005.
Former big leaguers Matt Williams and Ismael Valdes are also implicated in the report. In an ESPN The Magazine story back in February, Guillen denied using steroids. "That is something I never considered in my life," Guillen said. "You're ruining your whole career. You're ruining your reputation. This really is hurting baseball right now, the image of the game." However, the newspaper details Guillen's orders, which reportedly totaled $19,000. Nov. 6 - 9:54 am et

per Rotoworld.

Take a look at Jose Guillen's career stats on Yahoo, just for kicks.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Jose Guillen = Roids. (Allegedly.)

Jose Guillen = lolol. This guy always struck me as the biggest prick in MLB outside Milton Bradley & Bud Selig. He's probably burned too many bridges for anyone to care, making him a convenient casualty...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM

this doesn't surprise me in the least
Old 11-06-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jose Guillen = lolol. This guy always struck me as the biggest prick in MLB outside Milton Bradley & Bud Selig. He's probably burned too many bridges for anyone to care, making him a convenient casualty...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought Guillen got a really unfair rap as a bad guy. I mean, the guy didn't want to come out of a game and got upset.

[ QUOTE ]
After being lifted for a pinch-runner, Guillen walked off the field slowly, then flung his helmet toward the end of the dugout where Scioscia was standing. He then walked to the opposite end of the dugout and, after entering it, he threw his glove against the dugout wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Athletes are constantly lauded for wanting to be in the big games, and heres a guy who got upset in the heat of the moment because he was being pulled for a pinch runner in a big spot. He was wrong to get as upset as he did, but suspending him for the last 2 weeks of a pennant race and the playoffs was way overboard.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Do you remember the Chipper Jones incident a few years ago? Guillen (while w/Nats) slid into 3rd with one cleat in the air tearing a big hole in Chipper's pants. Later, Guillen made some sort of immature, threatening "challenge" to Chipper in their next game, iirc. The dude's a punk.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:27 PM

Reacting badly to being pulled out of a game doesn't explain why he's been dumped or traded from seven teams in the last seven years (which typically happens far more often to relief pitchers in the middle/latter stages of your career, not power hitting outfielders in their 20s.)

I have no idea if he was on roids or not, but his 2003-2005 numbers suggest at least the possibility, and the fact he can't seem to keep any club interested in him could speak to douchbaggery that extends well beyond not wanting to come out of a game.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:39 PM

I recall he and Brandon Donnely don't get along, as evidence by the Sox home opener against Seattle this year.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reacting badly to being pulled out of a game doesn't explain why he's been dumped or traded from seven teams in the last seven years (which typically happens far more often to relief pitchers in the middle/latter stages of your career, not power hitting outfielders in their 20s.)

I have no idea if he was on roids or not, but his 2003-2005 numbers suggest at least the possibility, and the fact he can't seem to keep any club interested in him could speak to douchbaggery that extends well beyond not wanting to come out of a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

roid rage obv
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recall he and Brandon Donnely don't get along, as evidence by the Sox home opener against Seattle this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Donnelly had an illegal substance on his glove in '05 and got busted (presumably) because Guillen told Frank Robinson about it., breaking some kind of baseball code.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Donnelly had an illegal substance on his glove in '05 and got busted (presumably) because Guillen told Frank Robinson about it., breaking some kind of baseball code.

[/ QUOTE ]