theres a thread here about this with my name in title
Old 11-01-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: 1/2 river b3b bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
this has nothing to do with anything, u cant assume he plays like you would
Old 11-01-2007, 10:06 PM

point is that he's unlikely to do this with spades, you can't assume he does.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not saying i like the turn c/r or river c/r, but i think they are superior to the bet/3bet on the river.

i think the turn c/r is the best option out of the 3 because flatcalling the tiny turn bet seems weak, so we won't get much credit for a hand on the river.

i think your river bet after the way the hand went down is screaming to be raised, so either don't do it or bet/3bet and embrace the incredible amount of variance

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it doesnt matter how much 'credit' he gives us. hes not going to make a big call on riv with one pair because he never takes this line with one pair, except maybe with AA 1% of time.

also, turn c/r sucks because it leaves us in [censored] spot on EVERY river and river c/r sucks because he checks behind Q8s or some [censored] and beats us too much
Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh

i know this hand reading thing is new to all of you ssnl but try thinking on some higher level

what do you put him on with this line?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 PM

sarcastic [censored], i told you earlier, but im done with this thread

f you.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm not saying i like the turn c/r or river c/r, but i think they are superior to the bet/3bet on the river.

i think the turn c/r is the best option out of the 3 because flatcalling the tiny turn bet seems weak, so we won't get much credit for a hand on the river.

i think your river bet after the way the hand went down is screaming to be raised, so either don't do it or bet/3bet and embrace the incredible amount of variance

[/ QUOTE ]
no, it doesnt matter how much 'credit' he gives us. hes not going to make a big call on riv with one pair because he never takes this line with one pair, except maybe with AA 1% of time.

also, turn c/r sucks because it leaves us in [censored] spot on EVERY river and river c/r sucks because he checks behind Q8s or some [censored] and beats us too much

[/ QUOTE ]

you know you don't have to win every single pot.

i do agree that he never has one pair. but I just don't see someone who bet such an absurdly small amount decide to bluff raise the river.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spades duh

look at his line

[/ QUOTE ] Why do you think he has spades? He made some stupid bet on the turn ip. If he did it oop I think spades is a big part of his range but not when he can just take the free card ip on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ] this has nothing to do with anything, u cant assume he plays like you would

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my assumption. What info are you using to deduce that a large portion of villains range is spades? I haven't really seen this line from any type of player with a flush draw.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ugh

i know this hand reading thing is new to all of you ssnl but try thinking on some higher level

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem is the villain in this hand is not thinking on a higher level, and the level that you're currently thinking on is just going to get you stacked when he obv calls 100 more with whatever crap he has
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. No idea who you are I guess you're good at poker but you're a dick . I would put villain on some sort of big hand that was hoping his weak turn bet would induce you to bluff. Then you didn't so he made some huge river overbet to try and get the extra value he missed on the turn. If he actually had a flush draw and folded you were lucky as hell bc this isn't a f draw/ bluff for 99% of the donks at small stakes. And a serious lol at thinking on a higher level when villain isn't thinking on any level.