Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Angelo: Fastrolling

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He didn't address the most important situation of all: when they announce a good hand you can't beat - i.e the angle-shooting situation. Dunno why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he does. In this case he would wait to see the hand. Fastrolling as described in the article refers to when he turns over his, not when he mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly, Pov?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM

this is standard for good players who aren't [censored].

Also I am looking forward to Tommy's book more than I have ever looked forward to a poker book, but not really for articles like this.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed as one, then another, then another commented on how Tommy's article was weak. It seems that when someone first comments on an article, others have a tendency to follow suit, I suspect because they are afraid of "not belonging" or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then, of course, there are those who just want to look cool by being "different" :-)

Several things seem perfectly clear to me:
1) the article topic was good
2) the article missed an opportunity to explain a number of things that it should have explained
3) everyone here is looking forward to the book regardless of the content of this article
4) some people really enjoy the opportunity to call people idiots when they disagree with them
Old 11-08-2007, 10:45 AM

Reading this article made me want to read the book.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM

I fastroll until someone starts abusing it.

There is one player in my home game who does his best never to show his cards, trying to gain an advantage. I often make him show his cards or muck them.

For other players I will save them the embarrassment of showing everyone that I just owned them by quickly rolling over the nuts.

Like the rest of poker, this is a situational thing. I agree with Tommy that fastrolling should be the default. I stop agreeing when a decent player is trying to slow roll for an edge.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He didn't address the most important situation of all: when they announce a good hand you can't beat - i.e the angle-shooting situation. Dunno why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he does. In this case he would wait to see the hand. Fastrolling as described in the article refers to when he turns over his, not when he mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where exactly, Pov?

[/ QUOTE ]

He outlines the situations where fastrolling is appropriate and villain announcing a better hand than hero's is not one of them. Since it does not meet the criteria, this would not be a fastrolling situation.

I suppose you could argue that technically he does not claim the article contains a comprehensive list of situations where fastrolling is appropriate, but I believe the angle-shot the poster I replied to was referring to would be related to mucking rather than rolling, which is offtopic for the article.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He outlines the situations where fastrolling is appropriate and villain announcing a better hand than hero's is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and this is my criticism of the article.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 PM

In that case he doesn't show his hand, and waits for villain to table his, then mucks. Like everyone else. What's so hard to grasp about this?
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In that case he doesn't show his hand, and waits for villain to table his, then mucks. Like everyone else. What's so hard to grasp about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, the fact that he never mentions exactly what you just said?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 AM

well he didn't mention what to do with KQs in the cutoff facing a raise either, so I guess you'll have to wait for the book.