Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM

Default What are the top pros worth?

I know this is probably going to end up being a bunch of rank speculation, but what do you guys think some of the top pros are worth?

On HSP the other night, they played a preview of Doyle talking about next week's episode where the buyin is a $500k minimum. He said that everybody in that game (presumably including himself) was playing too high except for that billionaire Guy Liberte, and that got me to thinking about how much Doyle, Ivey, Reese, and some of those other pros are worth.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: What are the top pros worth?

I cant imagine 500k being too high for Doyle or Barry. They both have to be worth over 10 mil.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant imagine 500k being too high for Doyle or Barry. They both have to be worth over 10 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

SINCE WHEN DOES NETWORTH = BANKROLL

GOD BAN ME FROM NVG ONCE AND FOR ALL SO I DON'T HAVE TO KEEP SEEING WHY IT'S THE CESSPOOL FOR HUMAN MISINFORMATION
Old 10-31-2007, 04:39 PM

answer-- often negative, rarely more than $3mill. a poker player worth over 1mill is considered pretty flush. it's much different than the real world... from what i gather, normal people who have a mill sweat over whether their portfolio returns 8% or 11% for the year, and are generally guarded about their spending. it's not unusual for a poker player who's running high to spend 600-1mill in cash over a year in bellagio bills and the like. in london at the wsop europe, a lot of poker players were staying in rooms that cost $800+/night.... expenses in the 15-20k range for a 2week stretch were not uncommon. --ba
Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 PM

yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i don't think there are all that many poker pros who are worth more than a couple million.

the guys that have the real money are the guys who have great business deals (hellmuth), pieces of the online poker sites, or to a lesser extent, play regularly with the super wealthy in private games.

tc
Old 10-31-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. i don't think there are all that many poker pros who are worth more than a couple million.

the guys that have the real money are the guys who have great business deals (hellmuth), pieces of the online poker sites, or to a lesser extent, play regularly with the super wealthy in private games.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a thinly veiled brag Taylor?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:07 PM

Obviously Doyle is saying that to make even more hype around the show, even though it's the truth for some of them

Lineup:
Antonio Esfandiari <- I'd guess about $2-3 mill
Sam Farha <- Probably worth $10 mill+
David Benyamine <- -$$$
Patrik Antonius <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Guy Laliberté <- billionaire
Jamie Gold <- PROBABLY worth $10 mill+
Doyle Brunson <- Probably worth $10 mill+
Barry Greenstein <- Probably worth $10 mill+

BR is another case, I'd say people have action (40%+) in David Benyamine (who in this lineup!?), Barry Greenstein and Antonio Esfandiari

Comments are welcome
Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 PM

Gee who would have guessed Caby would show up in this thread.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:45 PM

I don't think 500k is playing too high for these guys, they have played in games higher than this. The only person that shouldn't be playing is jamie gold, but he said the only reason he played is because he did so well on the days before. And doesn't DN play in this and he recently did his 500k challenge with players this year so it would be hard to think that he doesn't have the bankroll for this game.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gee who would have guessed Caby would show up in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the scarcasim but TC does make a valid point and it most likely correct