Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Crypto Software Issue

OK, so I've contacted William Hill Poker support regarding this issue and they say that they're not ALLOWED to give any technical support or some bs because the software is Wagerlogic and bla bla bla some bs.

As far as I know, every other time you launch any Crypto poker-client the Upgrade Assistant launches simultaneously. I will then proceed to get the following message:

N.B. - IF I GO TO THE William Hill Poker directory in Program Files I can launch the Upgrade Assistant successfully seperately!

I've tried EVERYTHING several times; "Debug", uninstalling+reinstalling and update-reinstalling, then finding out what Windows thinks is causing the error and then replacing Mfc42.dll (apparently the problem in the equation). Upon Googling I find people with problems with Mfc42.dll and most of them are trying to run old games; recently I had installed a few DOS games for nostalgic entertainment but I then proceeded to uninstall them and tried replacing the .dll again.

When I do, I get the following message:

Then after trying to run the poker-client again the above 'error' seems to fix itself.

I have tried absolutely everything it seems, and am thinking someone else must have this problem and hopefully someone might have a solution [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Crypto Software Issue

This happened to me all the time about a year ago on a different skin. I think it was a conflict with my graphics card. I just had to use my old laptop until they upgraded the software.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 AM

Yeah this is the exact problem I had. It really sucked. I spent countless hours on phone with support. What a waste!
Old 10-31-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is the exact problem I had. It really sucked. I spent countless hours on phone with support. What a waste!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea they were useless. I'm getting this same problem with all Crypto skins which makes sense. My friend gets the same problem on his laptop with all Crypto skins too, we're both running Windows XP and that's probably the only thing in common with our two systems.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM

If someone can help me to the extent where this issue gets resolved I'll definitely be looking to reward in $$$.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM

Have an ati graphics card by any chance?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:26 AM

try using classicpoker when they upgraded their software it worked for me.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have an ati graphics card by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend uses an ATi GFX card on his laptop but the things mine and his system have in common are also things such as anti-viruses - so I uninstalled all of them and it now seems to work! Incredible haha.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ATi GFX

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats your problem I had the same one. I even tried switching anti-virus. Try upgrading you graphics card drivers. I think getting a different graphics card would probably fix your problem although thats like cutting off your arm because your finger hurts.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:45 AM

I even tried to disconnect my graphics card to use the built-in intel but never figured it out.