Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-25-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Noooo!!!!!!! - Vinnie leaves OCC

I may be the only one who cares about this. But WTF? I have a tiny hope they'll bring him back. I kept thinking one side was going to quit bluffing, until Vinnie drove off.

American Chopper has managed to reinvent itself a few timesand stay fairly fresh. But if Vinnie doesn't come back I predict this is the the beginning of the end. I know the show isn't as popular as it used to be, but I still watch it. And I'm pretty picky about what I give my time to. But I can't imagine they survive this.

Sounds like Vinnie wanted a bigger stake and senior rebuffed him. Paul Sr.: "everyone is replaceable". That's some serious hubris. Especially when OCC seems to be endlessly expanding the business and building a gigantic new world headquarters. Maybe they're planning on most of their revenue coming from customer assembly-line bikes.

They probably have to be preparing for life after the show anyway. But the show still has to be the biggest interest-generator for the customer bikes. And I see no reason to hurry the death of the show along like this. Will be interesting to see if OCC cracks. I don't see Vinnie giving in to whatever he was asking for.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Noooo!!!!!!! - Vinnie leaves OCC

this totally bites. Vinnie was the down to earth one. well and Mikey.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:37 AM

i live in rock tavern.

paulie comes and plays at a local 10/20 game on saturdays every once in a while.

nice dude, poor card player [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Yea i was shocked at that too, what exactly happened?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 AM

I used to watch the show all the time, but haven't seen much of it this season. The only episode I've seen was part 1 of the Ethanol bike, and I was thinking that Vin was lookin pretty sick of that crap.
If Vinny leaves, I wonder if more crap will get dumped on Rick, pushing him out the door too. They seem to need those two, because Junior doesn't do crap.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM

wtf. what happened? do they show the show on discovery hd? I only really watch it on HD, and haven't seen this one yet. FWIW, they have been showing motorcycle mania w/ jesse james, I like his bikes 100 times more than american choppers, but I like the technology they use on AC
Old 10-25-2007, 11:34 AM

The show is on The Learning Channel now (or whatever TLC stands for). It's gotten a little stale, but I still get into some of the bikes and characters. Sounds like some like some kind of contract dispute. They were all civil to each other but Vinnie and Sr. seemed cold. Mikey, Cody and Rick seemed pretty broken up. It was the 2nd ep. of the Ethanol bike. They spent like the last 4 minutes on Vinnie leaving but otherwise didn't allude to it at all, other than Vinnie bitching because he kept getting stuck with all the work.