Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Variance? After how many buyins do you decide it is not a downswing?

New table, NLHE 100$, down 7 buyins in 3000 hands. I am not playing great but to my defense consistently found myself in terrible situations (lots of villain draws got there, my draws almost never got there, tptk vs. set, never got reraised with a set, stuff like that).

I was winning 6bb/100 over 50k hands on NLHE 50. The stats of opponents are usually the same. Mine too (Except WWSD and WTS, which are way, way lower).

I don't think I have tilted, at least not to my knowledge, but I am feeling very depressed, always feel like I have the second best hand or that my draw can never hit, that I will never flop a set, or if I do I won't get paid off, or, if I try to float, my opponent will reraise me all in... you get the picture... However I feel that I am still doing what is necessary to do.

I have no bankroll problems (still have like 30 buyins from poker winnings).

questions:

1) I know I won't lose so much in the long run. However my moral is wtfpwned. Do you think if I keep playing, can I at least stop the bleeding before I go back to my 50$ table?

2) Should I be coached? Anybody you can recommend?

3) Wtf is going on?
Old 10-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Variance? After how many buyins do you decide it is not a downswin

I didn't read your post but I can safely say from thread title that you're a losing player and will never win. Sorry, variance doesn't actually exist. That's just what they tell fish.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read your post but I can safely say from thread title that you're a losing player and will never win. Sorry, variance doesn't actually exist. That's just what they tell fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to get some help, and instead help you get +1 post on your pooh-bah quest. Sad.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to get some help, and instead help you get +1 post on your pooh-bah quest. Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is BBV. I will stop being an [censored] for a second and tell you to post this in a more appropriate forum. You can either accept my advice or get flamed. Sorry.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:03 PM

downswongs?
Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Variance? After how many buyins do you decide it is not a downswing?

I suppose you 1-table?

I don't think 7 buyins are quite really a downswing, but probably on the verge of one I guess. I'd volunteer myself to coach ya, but I doubt I'd be considered lol.

If your morals are down, maybe you should step down and re-evaluate your play and such.

And yeah, generally u dont get serious replies in BBV.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is BBV. I will stop being an [censored] for a second and tell you to post this in a more appropriate forum. You can either accept my advice or get flamed. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misinterpreted the forums name, that doesn't mean I wanted to sell you a ticket for your ego trip.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suppose you 1-table?

I don't think 7 buyins are quite really a downswing, but probably on the verge of one I guess. I'd volunteer myself to coach ya, but I doubt I'd be considered lol.

If your morals are down, maybe you should step down and re-evaluate your play and such.

And yeah, generally u dont get serious replies in BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 4-tabling, basically playing the same game I was playing 1 table lower.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misinterpreted the forums name, that doesn't mean I wanted to sell you a ticket for your ego trip.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well now I feel bad lol [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Try posting this in the beginner forum, not because it's for beginners, but because there are lots of people who will give thoughtful, helpful advice.
-Peace,
mugatu668

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well now I feel bad lol [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Try posting this in the beginner forum, not because it's for beginners, but because there are lots of people who will give thoughtful, helpful advice.
-Peace,
mugatu668

[/ QUOTE ]

np, ty