Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: 12 left in big mtt hand vs Durrr. Ranges?

like calling the least...if h's thinking he will realize the value of not folding to your short shove...by showing junk he will show that he will not be pushed around and can keep it up...I know it sounds contradictory but I expect I will need to win the hand at showdown so I'll stick by my range and exclude junk aces...another way to look at it is he is rarely folding any ace himself so if we puh with a crap ace he may call with a crap ace thinking he's behind
Old 10-18-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like calling the least...if h's thinking he will realize the value of not folding to your short shove...by showing junk he will show that he will not be pushed around and can keep it up...I know it sounds contradictory but I expect I will need to win the hand at showdown so I'll stick by my range and exclude junk aces...another way to look at it is he is rarely folding any ace himself so if we puh with a crap ace he may call with a crap ace thinking he's behind

[/ QUOTE ]

Card removal effects, will reduce the likelihood of how often he will show up with an Ace.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$215, people were calling once in a while and seeing flops, but not much preflop aggression. He's certainly a thinking player...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to open your 3-betting range in these spots, not shrink them.(you probably needed to open them before you got to this depth) Or you will get to 6BBs and be pushing and praying. You still have FE at this point; not much, but some.

[/ QUOTE ]In my defense, I got to this spot by doubling a short stack and my game has improved a ton since this.
Edit: it was 2 years ago. Also, I like Sync's range and reasoning.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$215, people were calling once in a while and seeing flops, but not much preflop aggression. He's certainly a thinking player...

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to open your 3-betting range in these spots, not shrink them.(you probably needed to open them before you got to this depth) Or you will get to 6BBs and be pushing and praying. You still have FE at this point; not much, but some.

[/ QUOTE ]In my defense, I got to this spot by doubling a short stack and my game has improved a ton since this.
Edit: it was 2 years ago. Also, I like Sync's range and reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not making judgements toward your game. apologies if it came accross that way. I was responding to your post, with the information that you gave. But there is a reason why Durr had 30-40 BBs and was running over the table. But, you are entitled to your opinion. good luck
Old 10-18-2007, 04:16 PM

good discussion all...funny thing is I agree that a little deeper I would be inclined to 3 bet more...I really think that given the stacks we have little FE and based things on that...brandi you know the routine well...better to crash and burn aggressively rather than waiting til we have to gamble with a hand where we have no choice...

open up earlier!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM

Yes, I crash and burn well lol.
Apparently I don't save my tilt HH's but I busted from the 50-50 last night in 7th pushing soooooted connectors for 16x bb, be proud pped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-18-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I busted from the 50-50 last night in 7th pushing soooooted connectors for 16x bb, be proud pped [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

great run!!... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]