Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM

Default I dunno what to do.....call!!

I haev villian at 29/22/2 but no other reads as I didnt see anything noteworthy happen while the table was full. Its just breaking and this was my last hand. I have like no experience 3 handed.

PokerStars $1/$2 No-Limit Hold'em - 3 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $291.00
Button: $320.90
SB: $63.80

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, SB folds, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17.00) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14.

Turn: ($45.00) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets $32</font>, Hero calls $32.

River: ($109.00) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $109.00

I had no idea what to do on the flop, Since im light on experience im not sure what to make of his donk. I didnt wanna raise cuz I didn't want to play a big pot with my hand and I didnt want a draw to shove over top of me. On the turn practically every draw gets there, but now I've got 2 pair, what should I have done? And is there any point to bluffing this river, maybe getting T9 or 66 to fold?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: I dunno what to do.....call!!

Looks good.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 PM

This is fine. Don't think there's much value in raising the turn because it would rep a much bigger hand than 2 crappy pairs and he could easily have a flush or straight. Rasing would be to charge draws/combo draws.

Btw I don't think players at tables breaking up are adjusting much. This would be just like playing any hand where 3 players already hve folded preflop.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM

i play it the same.

its up to you whether that's a good thing or not
Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Is it real bad to bet river and turn your hand into a bluff here? Seems to me it would get alot of hands to fold that could have you beat, but mebbe I'm totally wrong here..
Old 10-08-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it real bad to bet river and turn your hand into a bluff here? Seems to me it would get alot of hands to fold that could have you beat, but mebbe I'm totally wrong here..

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be terrible, but I def don't like it. You are really only getting called by stuff that beats you imo.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be terrible, but I def don't like it. You are really only getting called by stuff that beats you imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, worse hands are never calling. But how often are better hands folding? Does T9, QJ, 66 fold? The thing that actually kept me from doing it is that all the broadway hearts were on the board, so I thought it more likely hed think I was bluffing, since I can only really rep 1 heart.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, worse hands are never calling. But how often are better hands folding? Does T9, QJ, 66 fold? The thing that actually kept me from doing it is that all the broadway hearts were on the board, so I thought it more likely hed think I was bluffing, since I can only really rep 1 heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that there is only one that you can really rep is a good thing in terms of bluffing this river. If you pretend you raised with Ah Xx, and look back at how this hand was plyed, it makes sense that you have it. (especially the turn call)
Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that there is only one that you can really rep is a good thing in terms of bluffing this river. If you pretend you raised with Ah Xx, and look back at how this hand was played, it makes sense that you have it. (especially the turn call)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can do it unless you shove river. Personally, I like the way he played it.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 PM

this is fine but i think betting $58 on the river is better