Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 10-07-2007, 03:14 PM

Default I 3 barrell

I don't really have a read on this guy. Is this something I should not do unless I have a read. Is this even a good spot for this?

PokerStars $2/$4 No-Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

CO: $455.15
Button: $1054.80
SB: $340.00
BB: $394.00
UTG: $961.65
MP: $627.20

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB folds, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($34.00) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $24</font>, BB calls $24.

Turn: ($82.00) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $64</font>, BB calls $64.

River: ($210.00) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $152</font>
Old 10-07-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: I 3 barrell

Don't like. Drawless flop, river obviously didn't help you. He has a hand that he's called twice with; he'll probably call again. Only way I like this is if he's a weak-tightie who always folds to big bets unless he has the nuts. With no reads, I only fire the first barrel and hope to hit my gutshot or spike a river pair.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like. Drawless flop, river obviously didn't help you. He has a hand that he's called twice with; he'll probably call again. Only way I like this is if he's a weak-tightie who always folds to big bets unless he has the nuts. With no reads, I only fire the first barrel and hope to hit my gutshot or spike a river pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

given the flop was so dry I thought it might be good, cuz theres no way he has a K here, I figures hes got like QJ or some underpair, and I figured if I was in his shoes, calling a 3rd barrell on the river with those holdings would be pretty bad as I've said 3 times I like my hand and given the way the board and hand played I would gladly bet for value this river.

He called with QJo and I was left wondering who played this hand worse. If im in villians spot should I be calling this river here with QJ vs someone I have no read on?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

given the flop was so dry I thought it might be good, cuz theres no way he has a K here, I figures hes got like QJ or some underpair, and I figured if I was in his shoes, calling a 3rd barrell on the river with those holdings would be pretty bad as I've said 3 times I like my hand and given the way the board and hand played I would gladly bet for value this river.

He called with QJo and I was left wondering who played this hand worse. If im in villians spot should I be calling this river here with QJ vs someone I have no read on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. If you're an aggressive player, I'd definitely be calling you down with QJ on that board. If the turn was an ace instead of a king, I might find a fold on the river.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:21 PM

Just remember to get 3 streets of value with AJ next time.