Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: I\'m just a confused college kid....

UVA has a great undergrad business school....what are the chances of you transfering there?
Old 09-30-2007, 03:35 PM

nah that wont happen. i love penn state...but i also love my girlfriend and ive loved her for a long time. obviously she goes to WVU, she'd come to PSU but they dont have her major at the main campus anyway.

thats really the main reason im thinking about transfering...if it didnt seem to make much of a difference which school i went to id probably do it. I just feel like a penn state degree would get a lot more respect than a west virginia one.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 PM

You want to go into the business world or into the finance world?

One entails entrepreneurship and one entails you getting a job.

It wasn't clear to me which one you wanted.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Don't even think about transferring for a girlfriend you shouldn't have anyway. Please god don't. You won't listen to me though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want to go into the business world or into the finance world?

One entails entrepreneurship and one entails you getting a job.

It wasn't clear to me which one you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you expound a bit more on this? the stuff that interests me most is definitely all the different types of investing. I'd like to have the potential to really make some big money if i was good at what i did. Im not all that interested in working a job that will only take you so far as far as salary goes. I feel like this is more of the case in accounting but at the same time ive heard that an acctg degree can be a great foundation to many very rewarding careers.

And to the last poster (sry i forget your name), thats a really easy thing for someone else to say concerning my relationship with my g/f. Why dont you think I should have one? I'm really not the kind of guy to go hook up with a lot of random girls, i kinda prefer a more steady relational kinda thing. It just seems like soo many ppl give the same response that you did, and i agree that its probably good advice in most cases. But i think theres more to it than that and its situation dependant. You really have to do whatever will make you both the happiest, right?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:02 AM

It's a really easy thing for someone to say who has been there, done that and wishes someone smacked him in the face and told him the truth when he was younger. Not sure I would've have listened anyway, but I feel it's worth giving it a shot telling someone else. Just don't move at the least.