Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 AM

Default QQ vs. donk, 3/6, help please

not too much info on villain, other than he's a standard luckboxing donk on a rush. i tried to get tricky with KK and it didn't work out as you can see... but it gives a frame of reference for villain in question.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $93.70
BB: $229.50
Hero (UTG): $729.60
MP: $600.00
CO: $198.00
BTN: $620.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
Hero calls $6.00, 2 folds, BTN calls $6.00, SB calls $3.00, BB checks

Flop: ($24) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $24.00</font>, BTN calls $24.00

Turn: ($72) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $110.00</font>, BTN calls $110.00, 2 folds

River: ($292) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $22.00</font>, Hero calls $22.00

BTN had 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, King high)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings)

now, onto the hand in question... i was quite confident i could stack a wide range of hands the donk might have on a low flop, and i hate getting into flips preflop (and i've been running horrible for like a week now, so i'm positive that i would have lost a flip anyway) for 100+BB against the donks, so i wanted to see a flop and make a decision at that point. with all that said... i'm not sure if i lost the minimum here, or completely messed up the hand. thoughts please...(donk is the CO in this hand)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $671.00
Hero (BB): $1,128.15
UTG: $576.00
MP: $212.05
CO: $735.55
BTN: $677.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $6.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $18.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $15.00, Hero calls $12.00, MP calls $12.00

Flop: ($72) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $96.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $96.00, SB folds

Turn: ($294) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $198.00</font>, Hero folds
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: QQ vs. donk, 3/6, help please

Wow these are terrible.. sorry but who's the donk here!? If you slowplayed and got a bad result in hand 1 then why wouldn't you play your good hand strong next time knowing that he won't fold? The turn check/fold is terrible, if you don't bet at least call.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 AM

i'm not folding hand 2 after seeing how he played hand 1. just c/r the turn AI or something...he should be calling w/ his FD.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:23 AM

Hand 1 looks fine. Limp/raising six-handed is risky unless you get bailed out. Sucks that he caught. Hand 2, after seeing the passive calldown in hand 1, seems like a fold. KdXd most likely hand here.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM

QQ hand:
You must not let previous results affect your play to this very extreme extent. QQ vs his 3xbb isolation raise in CO is most likely the nuts.

Flop raise is absolutley too small. Raise to $250 or something (vs this kind of donk).

When K hits on turn I would probably check/call and also check/call most rivers.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM

why wouldn't you want to charge him when he is on a draw? he called $110 into a $70 pot in hand 1 w/ 4th pair and a gutter. he clearly isn't folding any draw he has if you c/r the turn in hand 2. if he has Kd...meh, tough luck.

i'd actually rather lead the turn tho cause i think it'd be a pretty easy fold if he raised.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:30 AM

Why are you trying to get tricky against a bleeder?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you trying to get tricky against a bleeder?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not so much trying to be tricky, as much as i am trying to trap. i mean, hand 1 worked great until the river. i win 95% of the time in that spot, not to mention, bring another 2 one time on the river, i look like a genius and stack him for 100+bb. i probably also get value out of him on a bricked out river too. but as i said, in hand 2 i just called because i wanted to make a more informed decision on the flop. i really hate making big preflop decisions vs. donks. i wasn't looking to be tricky in that spot.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 PM

so in hand 2 why would you chk the turn and why would you fold after doing so?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so in hand 2 why would you chk the turn and why would you fold after doing so?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought he had a had like KdXd... it was a gross turn. doesn't he show up something like KdJd a ton here? and isn't he almost never folding that kind of a hand, even to a check raise on the turn? or am i way off here?